1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Tinder confusion.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 16 May 2015.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

So I left my girlfriend a while ago and so wanted to get some action. Despite being at Uni (which is great place for girls) term has ended and I'm now working full time so there aren't a lot of avenues to meet women. I've never used any form of internet dating before but I thought why not! So I sign up and forget about it for a couple of days then when I do my first swipe to the right I get a match! This is easy I thought! So I sent her a message (BTW I think of myself as normal, down to earth and not ugly) and the conversation was slow - she, like myself, is studying at one of the best unis so I thought it was strange the conversation was going slowly. Any way it ground to a halt! I haven't sent any more messages than her because I didn't want to come across needy and I'm not anyway!

So now it's been a few days in and I have matches with very good looking girls! I'm surprised! But the conversation on all of them is like torture. I've tried a few tacts like being intelligent or being the other but nothing gets me anywhere. I've read a bit about this stuff on the interwebs and it seems fairly common; most probably due to the fact the good looking girls have a lot to choose form but why waste my time swiping right for me in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

I get the feeling most women on it aren't serious and they're just doing it because it's 'cool' perhaps? I just want to meet new people and have a laugh and see where it goes. I have no expectations etc. This seems to be in general what the girls want but apparently not. I think the whole 'I want a bad boy' thing exists everywhere right?

Long story short: If it was possible, women have now confused me even more.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

What ever happened to going out and meeting people ? oh right the internet

3. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Ummmm yes, the internet is so much easier....

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Is "swiping to the right" like a moonwalk?

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I found it much more fun going to pubs and clubs to meet girls when I was younger.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Apparently not.

Ice skating was one of my favourites if they could skate I'd pretend I couldn't lol great days and you didn't need to depend on some random photo ( probably not theirs ) to see what they actually looked like

Last edited: 16 May 2015
  8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually girls want the same thing guys want: meet someone nice, have a good time together. The old skool way of doing that is still best. Tinder is just a validation game: "Let's see how many girls/boys appear attracted to me", but it is not really a way for meeting people.

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I think that the point of internet dating is that we can't be everywhere at once so why not at least have a presence and wider potential audience?

Just don't rely on it as your only source to meet women.

The key with things like Tinder is you need to be funny and forward. Make them laugh and within the stream of that conversation ask them out for a drink. Humor and confidence is key IMO.

10. Pootana

Pootana What's a Dremel?

More to the point.... did you get a pump out of it or what

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I know two couples in serious relationships that met on Tinder, so it can't all be bad!

12. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Put simply women on tinder, internet dating etc will be getting messages all the time. "hey how are you" 20 times a day is going to get boring fast.

As above confidence is key, The guy that walks up to a girl in a bar and says hi is always going to beat someone behind a screen.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Tinder was amusing like 18 months ago.. all about Happn now.

/toocoolforschool

14. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Grindr doesn't have as many skate chicks as I thought but the people there are very friendly.

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 3 Jan 2018
  16. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Met the wife after spilling a vodka and redbull on her silk blue skirt, followed by a rather large puke down her top. I got kicked out the pub, as did she much to her dismay. I offered to pay for her taxi and she lived quite close to me so we shared.

... Earlier that evening I got another lasses number; I text her the following morning seeing if she wanted to meet for coffee, she said No, you puked on my mate last night.

I then swift requested her number so I could call to apologise. She gave it to me, contacted her and offered to by her lunch. She agreed! We married, had kids and all that ****!

Forget tinder go out with your mates, get pissed, puke up, you'll be fine!

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

If I was single I'd be straight onto Tinder, internet dating is the future.

Contact people who are single, cut through the initial selection phase and then go meet them in person and see how it fits. Makes far more sense than trying to talk to someone in a bar on the off chance they're available and interested.

I dunno why everyone's mugging it off :confused:

18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've found paid sites are more reliable as people seem more serious, I'm seeing a girl I met on Match.com

Tinders ok, had a few fakes contact me, I just play along for the fun of it.

I'm not one for clubbing, all my mates are married or work silly hours and are unavailable and tbh I just don't want to waste money on a crap night out

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

So you're one of those lost souls then :sigh:

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Not quite sure what that means?