1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Routine...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stanley Tweedle, 25 Jun 2013.

1. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Last edited: 25 Jun 2013
  2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Looks pretty bombed out...but not sure the point. Is it an actual game?

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Penumbra in space.

4. Stanley Tweedle

It is a game. I dung know if it's gonna be like Penumbra or Doom 3... Kind of hoping more like Doom. I mean it's an Alpha so it's light on enemies but you do have weapons so I wooden worry too much.

The guy did take a shot at the scary glowy eyed robo woman. I think he just lost his nerve and decided to run away. Perhaps he'd been playing it on Oculus so the fear overtook him.

5. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

It has a nice atmospheric feel to it, it would probably be very immersive with the Oculus Rift. I'd love to try it :)

6. Stanley Tweedle

My friend in US is still waiting for his dev kit to be shipped! I think his was an early pre-order too.

Apparently it's getting close to dispatch but it's been that way for several months.

7. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

That looks fantastic!

8. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I second that.

Should hopefully be a nice replacement for Dead Space, in the Sci-fi horror genre.

9. Stanley Tweedle

I am imagining how great it will be with everything scaled to life-size on Oculus.

The only hope is that not too much resolution detail is lost when Oculus HD comes.

10. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

The waiting would drive me insane :D. I think I'll definitely get the consumer version when it's released. Aside from the VR aspect, imagine how cool it will be to have a personal screen, where nobody can peep over your shoulder and spy on what you're doing! But it will really make games like Routine so much more intense :rock:

11. Stanley Tweedle

That's the reason I haven't purchased the Dev kit. I just see no point if I'm still waiting for it 8 months later. I don't have any idea what the shipping time is for new orders.

I think Palmer has done an amazing job getting this far though.

12. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

The consumer kit will be better too, wireless for one thing isn't it? I wouldn't like having my head tethered to my PC.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that's not nerve shredding, not at all...

14. Stanley Tweedle

Will it be wireless? I'm tethered to PC when I use headphones. I don't have wireless ones. Wireless is the way to go though. 2 sets of 3d vision 2 glasses are wireless and last a week on a single charge. If Oculus HD will be wireless they'd probably have a portable power pack rather than integrated battery. I'm not sure it will be wireless though?

Wait for the Oculus. :)

15. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Damn I think you're right, the wiki page says wireless is "under consideration" for Rift 2.0. Apparently there are issues with latency on wireless, I hadn't thought of that. I know from flight simulation if you have motion platforms with even a slight lag it can cause motion sickness so that might be a problem.

Wired will be fine though, I'll be seated when gaming anyways, and I won't have to charge batteries.

16. Stanley Tweedle

Yup, I guess wireless eventually but prob not for the first consumer version. Would be best to have it as an addon module perhaps.

17. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I'm loving the retro 80's feel to this game. The floppy disks, the box for the CAT and the GUI on the terminals. How long has this been in development? Looks very mirrors edge, with the way that moved in a refreshing direction.