1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gelid SpeedTouch 6 Fan Controller Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 10 Nov 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

Can you change the colour of the screen? Not a fan of the blue and wouldn't go with my black and white theme...

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

No.
    Final Thoughts

Gelid Solutions SpeedTouch 6 is a great product in overall, but there's still some findings on the dark side that we would like to point out as well.

Pros
    - Easy to install
    - Supports up to 30W per channel, 3 times more than most brand with 10W max per channel.
    - Supports up to 6 fan channel, 1 extra channel compared to most brand with 5 fan channel.
    - Comes with 6+2 pieces of temperature sensors, most brand only support up to 5 sensors.
    - Full metal frame and metal brushed front panel
    - Capacity touch screen
    - Labeled sensors and fan extension cables for the ease of configuration
    - Very reasonable price for the features offered

Cons
    - There's some mounting issue with the screw holes that doesn't allow tool free mounting for certain brand of chassis.
    - The only color for the screen is blue
    - Doesn't comes with temperature alarm like some brands at the same price range has

4. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

The Gelid SpeedTouch fits a single drive bay if that's a requirement for a build but other than that it looks under equipped for the price, spend another £6.00 and get the Aerocool Touch 2100, it uses two drive bays and it controls five fans rather than six but other than that it's really well built, has switching from degrees Fahrenheit to Celsius, 7 LCD backlight colors selection or turn off back light completely, Overheating alarm temperature warning, fan working display and 2 x USB3.0, Mic & Headphone inputs, I've been using one in my last build for about eight months and it's been faultless.

[​IMG]

5. hbeevers

hbeevers Yes, it can play crysis!

I just fitted this after ordering it from Quiet PC. The temperature units can be switched by pressing them on the screen to switch from °C to F so this isn't a problem. Also, although you can't control when it does speed up the fans on automatic, adjusting the locations of the temp sensors will mean important fans speed up "sooner" than other by placing the sensor closer to heat producers i.e. CPU heatsink fan/ GPU outlet.

All in all I'm actually really happy with it and the touchscreen is brilliantly responsive.

Tags: Add Tags