1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tottenham Riots

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Dwarfer, 8 Aug 2011.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised this has not yet being covered?

What are you thoughts on the Rioting, the reason behind it and the damage these thugs have caused?

From what I saw & heard over the weekend, I feel the people behind the rioting have done so cause it in their nature. They can speak about excuses all they like and that the police shouldn't have opened fire but then you have to ASK. Why was the assailant carrying a gun and was he as innocent as his family make out, considering one of the pics of him on the news was that of him intimidating a handgun!

I terms of the carnage they have caused, these thugs have ruined peoples lives, destroyed buildings which survived WW2 and in general ruined the lives and businesses of whoever lives in the vicinity of the area!

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i feel the riots should be separate from the police shooting incident. latter is clearly a serious police matter, considering normal UK police doesn't carry guns.

the riot is a disgrace. not much to say about it. hope every thugs are caught and bought to justice.

3. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

Given there were apparantly multiple eye-witness accounts saying this guy was carrying a gun and opened fire on the police first they had every right to return fire.

If this guy was mind-boggingly stupid enough to attack armed police then quite frankly he got what he deserved.

The rioters on the other hand have no foot to stand on as they've looted shops and damaged listed buildings and set fire to cars in the street.

The government should send in the armed police there and be done with it. Anyone rioting there in the first place is obviously a mindless degenerate and should face the consequences of their actions even if that consequence is an MP5 or HK G36 SF round to the torso.

Also anyone who defaces or otherwise disrespects a war memorial for lost soldiers should face immediate firing squad.

Now on the other hand if a protest is entirely peaceful and all it is is a lot of people chanting some pre-prepared slogan then thats fine i have no qualms with that at all.

(and yes i am apart of this youth generation that seems to be behind a lot of this, god knows where their parents went wrong, mine certainly didn't)

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This is literally happening around the corner from my house. :O

5. Houndofhell

I trust you've either boarded up your windows and re-enforced your door or otherwise made a fast get-away and are now camping at the bit-tech offices?

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Shoot the bloody lot of them. Shoot the looters, shoot the rioters. Allow people to demonstrate peacefully.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Does that mean you have to shoot the shooters who are shooting on the violent protesters/riotters? *coughs* Sorry, just my thought there.

It was pathetic (Even if Aldi/Lidl stores got exploded) on a level not known to me. They kicked off violently because someone began waving a pistol at the police and was put down because of it? How in the hell did their minds justify that response!

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

They aren't riots.

They are just a bunch of yobs who are in the mood to loot, damage things and have fun.

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I must confess.

If the riots/looting were in Tottenham Court Road, as opposed to Tottenham the area, I might be a little partial to looting Yoyotech, sorry BT, i've let you down..

However, with regard to the shooting - the police were completely within reason to act as they did and the ensuing barbaric behaviour is completely unrelated - Hooligans are merely using it as an excuse to act out their lawless fantasies.

TSB

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Reminds me of Harry Brown, and I thought that film went a bit OTT at the end, but from the little I've read, maybe I was wrong :/
    The behaviour is disgusting.

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Why is this happening?

13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Any excuse to get free stuff.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Under the guise of 'protesting over the Police shooting of an 'innocent' man'.

Or, like TSB has stated, for dole sponging degenerates to take Argos window shopping to a whole new level.

I was talking to a colleague at work about this, he's originally from the US, he said if this sort of thing happened the military would be in there like a shot. So why isn't this happening here? Or at least riot vans..

Failing that, employ the Fire Brigade to start hosing the violent protestors before the start the fires. Having said this, I'm not calling the emergency services jobs into question, I believe they've done as good a job as they've been able to.

15. Houndofhell

I think the most telling thing about what started this off in the first place is the shooting of the armed man has not gone to the Independant Police Complaints Commision, it's gone straight to an inquest, now given when something like this usually happens and theres doubt it'll go to the IPCC first.

In other words there was no doubt he fired at the police and got what he deserved.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

If we had a spine like the US we would have being in there already with batons, rubber bullets the works.

Earlier this month in LA a mini riot erupted and within 10 mins the police swept in with batons & guns drawn and the rioters were dispersed.

In the UK we sit by and watch them burn down and loot. We all know the tax payers will be paying for this again!!! Seriously, why don't we grow a pair, throw out the human rights act BS and get rid!

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

IIRC it has gone to the IPCC.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

While I'm no fan of the US, in this instance, I do think something a little heavier handed should be done to stop it.

19. Houndofhell

Fair enough i'm out of the country and when i first looked up the situation online it hadn't at that point.

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The scum really should be met with the severeist of consequences so that a damning message is put out to those who even think of doing anything like this.