1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asustek, Gigabyte motherboard shipments to drop, others loss making.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 14 Dec 2015.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

> No word on ASRock, but I suspect dropping more than MSI as - if their marketing is anything to go by - it has collapsed in the last 18 months. Will be loss making also.
    > MSI were at 6M a couple of years ago, about the same as ECS so will also be loss making. And despite their very successful Gaming branding it seems it's not helping their sales ultimately. Their gaming site is evidently a company in full pivot to notebooks though - their entire HQ building is now MSI Gaming branded. It'll be a slow burn out for them in MB in favour of Graphics and NB.
    > No more ECS 'L33T' stuff. Mini PCs and OEM only I guess. Their company is in a bad way, I heard they had to sell their fancy HQ in a prime area of Taipei in the last few years (not sure if true).
    > Biostar will be doing an Abit/DFI very soon. I'm surprised they lasted this long tbh.
    > It'll be a two-company market in 3-5 years as Gigabyte/ASUS vacuum up what's left.

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Very sad to see.

I really wanted a ECS Claymore a few months back and couldn't find a supplier anywhere, guessed they had pulled out of European markets.

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

If things do shift to Asus/Gigabyte, what is this likely to mean for the consumer as a whole? Surely it can't be a good thing?

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

We can only hope that Zen isn't another flop and it will reinvigorated the cpu-mobo market. Got to wait at least a year for that though.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ultimately less choice, but then again, as long as there is still two.