1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus P8H61-I/RM/SI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 1 Feb 2016.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Anyone familiar with this board.

I bought it from ebay as a stop gap for a board that's getting RMA'd.

It basically seems like the same board as I am returning (P8H61-I) but unfortunately is missing USB 3.

Does anyone know what the /RM/SI stands for?

Also the board I am purchasing only has 1 cpu in the support list the 3770, surely it can't only be compatible with 1 cpu, the rev 2.0 has a whole host of cpus listed, is this just a clerical error as its an uncommon board so the documentation hasn't been kept up to scratch?

Last edited: 1 Feb 2016
  2. rollo

rollo Modder

Depends where the board is from, if it's a custom Alienware dell board ect it might be only for the 3770. I've saw it in the past where it took a flash of the bios to sort it out.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Gulp.

It only has one bios listed :(.

Does my mini itx pc nightmare continue......

The sellers description states it works with a range of I3, 5 and 7 cpus.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I doubt it's from an Alienware. For years they have carried MSI boards. From the R1 Aurora and on (2007) they have had MSI boards and I can vouch that the latest also carries an MSI board.

http://support.rm.com/ProductInformation.asp?cref=PRD2642916

Intel® Core i7, Intel® Core i5, Intel® Core i3 and Intel® Pentium processors in an LGA1155 socket up to 95W TDP.
    Support for 2nd Generation SandyBridge and 3rd Generation IvyBridge processors.

I think you'll be OK :)

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh I think that's the info seller has used that info for his listing and it was just that the asus support page only specified one cpu, which I now can't find.

Spoke to the seller and apparently its a board from an RM machine (used by schools apparently) so it should be the same as my old one just minus the usb 3 and HDMI.

Hope its not had too hard a life :(

6. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Should be OK. RM like other pc supplier on occasion have custom bios's but thats usually to put an image on start up. I had a couple of RM MATX Q67 chipset boards. Wont load linux but work find with windows.