1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 22 Cans invites donations for Curiosity server costs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 13 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm tired of Peter Molyneuxs hyperbole. Yawn.

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

They want the public to throw money at them because yet again Molyneux delivered something that didn't quite live up the hype?

Of course this experiment would need a high cap server platform behind it. Getting a million mindless drones to click on a virtual cube for hours on end needs more than a Raspberry Pi on the backend.

Asking for donations sounds like desperation to me, especially in the kickstarter age.

4. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I have an idea for a new game! Some guy, let's call him Moly, creates an application that poses as a game/app, but instead it's a mindless waste of time for the few thousand users Moly expects to "play" it. Instead, our hero Moly suffers catastrophe when claimed "millions of users" try to play this mindless game all for a chance at a lottery ending of a prize not worth .001% of their collective wasted time. The battered and downtrodden hero then seeks aid from the community of already pissed off players to provide monetary aid to continue this mindless game/app. Oh, I forgot to mention the name of my game/app... it is called the Box! Brilliant right?

In the words of Charlie Sheen "Winning!" :D

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Now, THERE's a statement!

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

If I were to play, and was the one who reached the "prize" at the centre, I wouldn't tell anyone and then maybe people would realise how stupid it was...

Tags: Add Tags