1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opteron online

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Scorpuk, 4 Feb 2013.

1. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Now have it back online and temps all around 47°C. :thumb:

Will check out the Recon unit at the weekend.

Saying adios to Spain now too. Onshore phase over, now onto offshore phase from Aberdeen. :eyebrow:
    ----

Had to take my server offline today.

I think I have a problem with the BitFenix Recon unit.

Did a cold reboot earlier this morning to sort a problem with my TV card. Everything looked fine when I restarted it, but F@H client wasn’t picking up any work units, maybe unrelated. I then rebooted it again and then copied over the client to a clean folder and it picked up a work unit ok and started to fold.

Don’t know why, but I went to check 'Phoebetria'; linux software to control the Recon, and it wasn’t responding well and indicated all fans were off, eventually. I double checked with phpsysinfo and the temperatures were going high 65°C+.

I was able to get someone to switch the Recon unit off and back on and said all the fans were running once again, so stupidly I check Phoebetria again and it said the same. Immediately after this the temperatures from phpsysinfo were soaring. I eventually shutdown at 74.4°C.

OK probably a bad idea to run the heat sink fans from the Recon. :duh: But it was working so well. Temps always around 43°C.

:wallbash:

Last edited: 6 Feb 2013