1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Best precision screw driver set?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Yaka, 26 Jan 2013.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

So I lent some one my old and and much loved snap-on set, which was lost/nicked:( and I need a replacement are the wera kompact series any good or is there another brand thats better?

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Depends on your budget. Stanley area a good compromise between price and quality

Yaka likes this.
  3. craigp84

craigp84 What's a Dremel?

The draper 'expert' ones (definitely not the regular draper ones!) are top notch. I bought a set around 4 years ago and they've never chewed up a screw head yet.

Used primarily on tiny screw heads on RC Heli's and planes. The planes especially tend to be cheap tat from china (hey, I crash too much!) so their screws are normally silver painted butter. To not strip 'em is a serious achievement!

Yaka likes this.
  4. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

:thumb:

look at the FatMax they nice weight and comfortable my box has flats, Pozi, Phillips and even some torx all are great to use not had one problem

Yaka likes this.
  5. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Haupa make some very good screwdrivers. My dad has a Wera driver set uses for control panels, with the replacement bottoms that push fit into the base and one of the shafts locked into the base, so now its only good as a terminal screwdriver lol.

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Well the choice has been made for me the guy that borrowed and lost them is replacing them with ther wera set hopefully they will be last me as
    Long as the snap on ones

7. Xir

Xir Modder

As long as you don't use the Custom-PC Free 26-piece Toolkit :D

8. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

If you decide not to get the Wera drivers - which are excellent - Wiha is another great option.

9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

He got me different wera driver and bits that were big and had no tiny precision bits. In the end I got a draper precision kit.

Was shocked to find how much similar snap on ones would cost now. but they rock solid and never chewed up

10. JoshH

JoshH What's a Dremel?

I've got a set of Beta tools precision screwdrivers, can't recommend them enough.

11. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/33-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-48941

I got that one in the top picture - how sure why there is two different images but its the top one I'd recommend. Had it for about 6-7 year and never damaged any bit, no tips breaking etc. I managed to drop on it at £9.99 in-store so bargin too. Use mine mostly for electrical items like laptop repairs etc.