1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows xp & downloading.

Discussion in 'Software' started by TiTch, 26 Oct 2001.

1. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Instalation of xp went fine - all hardware found no probs.

However, when I tried to download the most recent nvidia drivers it keeps crashing and putting up an sytem protection fault error message.

Any ideas?

2. Zmaster2k

Zmaster2k You looking at me?

you tried downloading anything else?

mabe modem drivers? - had that problem my self

3. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

It will down load anything that is not a programmable file. I can download a picture but not a driver. I have since read something that it is nanny microsoft trying to protect us ignorant people from viruses.:rofl: :rofl:

4. nwilcox

nwilcox What's a Dremel?

If you check your netywork connection properties by right clicking 'My Network Places' you may see a small gold padlock above the icon. If so open the properties of the connection and disable the firewall on the advanced tab. If that does'nt work try using a download amanger to get the file.

5. R121

R121 What's a Dremel?

What version of XP have you got ?
    if you have XP Home Edition some poeple have been complaining that it has not been D/l some file types .

P.S if you running Home edition GET Professional ASAP because even if you manage to d/l the drivers you won't be able to install them unless they are passed by micr$oft driver signing !

post the link I will see if I can d/l them !

R121

6. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I have the home version. It was the standard nvidia divers - I have 98se on one of my pertitions so I used that - thanks.

I will try to disable the firewall - I control my system not ms.

Tags: