1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows Vista wont sleep

Discussion in 'Software' started by geoboy333, 29 Aug 2011.

1. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

Hi Guys

My Dads vista x64 computer wont go to sleep. It wakes almost immediately. Simple as that.

anyone know a fix?

TIA

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Is it actually set to go into sleep mode?

Vagina boon - Peter Griffin

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

4. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

@ longweight it was but I've turned it off now so it shouldn't do it when left Id'le but it should still do it when I click the button. also, Hibernate isn't on the list of options.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

did you read those threads?

try the cmd line: powercfg –devicequery wake_armed

should give you the device that's causing the wake

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

While some people scream and trash their computer when it doesn't work properly.
    I am wiser, I plug my microphone to the computer and then I explode of anger... it tends to work better as the computer has a chance of understanding what I am saying. See this is an important step that people forget.

Ok seriously though, you have something that wake up the computer as soon as it goes to sleep. Usually the problem is the network card. Some network card have a feature to wake up when they receive special or any packets... to solve the problem, just go in device manager, on the network card, and simply set it to not allow the computer to be waked up from the network card. You might have additional tabs with additional "waking up" features depending on your Ethernet card. Look into them and disable anything linked on waking up your computer.