1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding problem

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Jay88018, 14 Oct 2012.

1. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Hi. Needing some advice on what to do, im having problems folding on my new rig. My graphics card isn't doing anything....iv got the chip running a smp ( only seem to be getting a projected 4378 ppd tho ) , but iv no idea what to do to get the graphics card folding ? any help would be much apprachated.

2. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

which client software are you using?

3. Jay88018

In systems info tab, it says its 7.1.52 build.

4. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Have a quick search of the threads on this forum, as you need to do a couple of extra things if you're running a Kepler card (and a number of people have posted threads on what to do) ....

Last edited: 15 Oct 2012
  5. Jay88018

Thanks doc..... i followed instructions, downloaded the gpu file and put it in the data directory...nothing. Some also tryed the "client type:beta" command...not sure if iv put that in the right place - config - slots....click on the gpu -edit, then iv put it down at the bottom in the " extra slot options " bit.....is this right ? cause its not changed, says its workin, but doing nothin gggrrrr. I even downloaded FahCore_15.exe version 2.24, i had seen this mentioned on forums, and i was running 2.22, so i replaced that, still no joy :'( Starting to wish i had just kept the 580, that worked at least :(

Then the magic faries came along and fixed it while i was making a coffee and re-starting my pc lmao

Thank you for all the replys :D

Last edited: 15 Oct 2012
  6. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Magic faires are a rarity - make the most of them :hehe:

7. Ptarmigan

Ptarmigan What's a Dremel?

@ DocJonz Heheh -
    @ OP you did use the file titled GPUs.txt yes? the little 's' is critical as I discovered when GPU didn't work. Ref your CPU, that's a tad low - I assume you've applied for a passkey to allow you to claim the bonus points for finishing work units early?

8. Jay88018

Yeah P, i think the problem was more me...i was closing the fah program window, but it was still running, soon as i did a proper restart, it worked...my bad :( Yeah i did, think it was a wu that i had lost any chance of bonus points at since it had taken me so long with my problems and mucking around, once i had finished that wu, the ppd went up....woops. Got it set smp 6 the now, the gpu as well, seems to be getting between 38k to 43k ppd average, but im just glad its working again.

9. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Can you clarify the breakdown of your PPD by component?

10. Jay88018

Sorry for the late reply, been addicted to BF3 recently. I tried to pause half of the foldin, but it paused it all, not sure how to do it without muckin about with the setting again...and i dont really wanna do that lol i took a couple of pics so you can see the info i can see, please tell me anyway to show you any other info you need, hope these pics help tho.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://photobucket.com/jaysfoldingpics

Last edited: 22 Oct 2012