1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable HTC One M7 USB Host Mode Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ModSquid, 3 Oct 2014.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Morning all!

Funny one this, but thankfully only requires a simple description. Having had the Android 4.4.2 update recently pushed out (rather late) to my handset, within a couple of weeks any attempt to connect the charger now results in the notification that "Handset cannot charge whilst in USB host mode" and nothing happens.

The only way it will now charge is by turning it off completely, disabling fast boot and watching it try to cycle its way through on/off/charge modes whilst taking the whole night to trickle its way up to 99%, where it stops.

If fast boot is on, it just won't charge at all. Have searched the web and also tried the htc-recommended "hold vol up, vol down and power buttons for two mins to reset charging meter" solution but that didn't work either. Factory reset no good, can't roll Android back and can't reinstall the system update pack still on the phone as it isn't recognised.

Any help gratefully appreciated as next step is to return for repair, which I really don't want to have to do unless absolutely necessary!

Cheers guys...

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Still no joy and I'm getting mad. Any suggestions?

3. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Seems to imply the 2 minute reset worked.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2481211

Also a safe mode boot into the OS is suggested on that thread.

Failing that, other sources suggest using the original cables (some have an extra pin apparently for setting host mode) and making sure the connections in the phone are clean.

Not having the phone myself, that's the best I can suggest really...