1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Overclockers UK opens room-scale VR demo facility

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Mar 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

this is really excellent, it would be good to do some kind of video blog about the first week of doing this? reactions, learned experiences, how OC helped people get to grip with the technology.

Pretty cool man to do this, capture presentable information about it since this is a very positive move by OC here and helpful.

you could put a nice you tube video together with your key staff and why you did this, what your staff feel about VR, what you hope to do with VR, your solutions, great chance for positive push into the future about this platform change.

super!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

...Huh?

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

ott enthusiasm :)

I am not aware of any other vendors (confirmed) making this kind of thing happen and its a great chance to document introduction of VR to market.

5. Hardski76

Hardski76 What's a Dremel?

Currys PC World

6. Gareth Halfacree

Ah, the joys of text-based communication: I was genuinely unable to tell if you were being enthusiastic or sarcastic!

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lp/virtual-reality.html

above page could get a helpful short nicely polished video with the expected experience, a lot of people will and should make the trek into store to try VR especially if they are having a full on HTC vive room scale set up properly. Looking at the map it looks like they have a local school and also college, I think those places of learning could do with store invites to the teachers, I have just installed lecture VR myself from steam and will be testing this out tonight.

I don't think 20minutes is enough!! people from 2 hour drive should make the effort to get in store !

pictures / video of the demos would be great to the forums if any staffers here?

exciting times.

8. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

One more reason to drive for 90 minutes to avoid Bolton.....

dunx