1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War President

Discussion in 'Serious' started by penski, 9 Apr 2004.

1. penski

penski BodMod

[​IMG]

For some reason that has really struck me...

All images are of soldiers killed in Iraq.

*n

2. Twilighted

Twilighted What's a Dremel?

Very powerful.

3. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

it hurts :waah:

the lives that have been lost
    for what purpose
    the presidents agenda
    DEATH

4. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

I'm not making any political statment, but I think it is disrespectful to the soldiers families and loved ones.

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

there are 1500 people in that picture.

Who made it ? And why did you post it here ?

I dont think his "agenda" is death. if you hadnt noticed he has done the world a great favour by ridding the world of saddam. There are few countries left with the power and education of america, there the only super power left. Countries like britan could do it, but it would use masses of our defencive resources.

So what is this ? Are you trying to say its better than saddam was back in Iraq ? Or are you blaming america for the death of the people who WHEN THEY SIGNED UP, knew what they were signing up for.

If ur gonna try and get at Bush, try and do it for a good reason, like these new ideas on abortion he has.

6. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

I agree with you, but surely a full blown invasion to kill one (well a quite a few if you count his entourage i suppose) man is simply unjustifiable.

7. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

You mean full blown invasion and occupation.

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

but what would have happened had it not been a ful blown invation AND occuation? the smallert numbers would have met more fierce resistance (after all, your more likely to fight and army you think you have a chance of winning against) and more could have died. without the occupation there would be no police force and criminals would be looting the city of what its worth. The occupation is there to help train the police and keep some kind of peace and order while the Iaq'is get themselfs together!

9. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

No need to turn this into an argument/heated debate.

The picture may or may not contain the images of the people who died in iraq, if it is true then it is a shocking image, whatever reason we went to war.

But i question how valid the claim is that they are the faces of the people who died.

Watch out for this on Snopes

10. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Those soldiers died in battle, they were soldiers, they signed the life away to the president when they joined, they were ready for it, jes they shouldnt have of died, in an ideal perfect world no one would, but thats impossible, for thousands of years now people have been going to war and dying, and this war has had very little deaths, and has managed to release the Iraqui people, and I bet more of there lives were saved compared to the americans british etc that died, they died for there country, democratic countries where the leader was voted in by the mass majority of the people...maybe by them, so that one person is not to blame, whatever his motives for the war was!!

- M@

11. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

If you ask me they should have used this photo:

[​IMG]

and maybe the caption "sorry guys..."

That would be powerful ;)

12. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Excuse me while I ram this hammer up your ass, it will only take a minute mr DeX.

However sad it may be, the men and women in the armed forces SIGNED UP to be put in the face of danger, they were paid for it, they knew the chances, and some didn't make it back.

It is very sad that so many died, but it was not in vain.

13. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

You sure about that?
    :wallbash:

Sam

14. Twilighted

Twilighted What's a Dremel?

The majority voted for Gore, dorkwrench. It's right there in public record, go educate yourself. Bush won the Electoral vote, not the Popular vote.

I've never said dorkwrench before. Try it out, it's novel.

15. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I tried out the word on my sister and she was not amused :D

Please don't resort to insults on the board, the whole 'who won the 2001 Presidential election?' question isn't raised that much (especially not in the mainsteam British press), and the complexities of the US electoral system where someone can become President without actually getting the popular vote aren't either, so theres no need to call someone a dorkwrench (unless they're as annoying as my sister).

16. rio2

rio2 What's a Dremel?

the war is for stupid people(or stupid president) :wallbash: :sigh: :jawdrop: :waah:

17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Would you care to elaborate on that a little?

18. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

I don't usually like getting in these discussions, but I'll just correct and inform.

First off for those of you who don't understand what the electoral college does, read this.

Secondly, Florida should be cut off the map.

Third, the United States is a republic not a democracy :) .

And finally, would you rather have Saddam in power? Even if he doesn't have weapons of mass destruction, he still isn't a very amiable person and certainly isn't a kind hearted dictator (if there is such a thing).

19. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

No, I wouldn't, but the end does not always justify the means. The way the US and the UK went about removing him has created an even bigger mess than was there before...

Sam

20. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

no those people didn't die in vain.they died so americans can get fuel for $4 a gallon(approx)they died for oil.