1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair K60 Vengeance Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Dec 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

If it came with Cherry browns instead of reds I'd consider buying it more, since I'm looking at getting a mech keyboard soon. The only other thing that bugs me is the membrane F keys :(

It does looks really neat but I think I'm going to get the DAS w/ browns.

3. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

I myself prefer harder keys, and consequently, prefer the Cherry MX Black switches. I don't use the tactile feedback of the Browns, blues, whites or clears either, hence why I got black switches. Personally I find the reds to be too light, especially since I tend to hit keys on corners, so hitting adjacent keys is a problem.

I myself use a Ducky DK-9008G2 limited with black switches. Its about as basic as one can get: basic QWERTY layout with an Fn key to access media controls and 4 windows shortcut keys. The only gripe I have is the replacement of the Context Menu/right-click key with the Fn key, but I fixed that by remappi ng my right windows key to i. As a final bonus, the Fn key also does Winkey locking, Control/Caps-Lock swap and Alt/winkey swap for macs.

Here's a link to the keyboard itself for your enjoyment: http://www.mechkeyboards.com/tiger.html

4. Bleech

Bleech What's a Dremel?

Bit pricey, even for a mechanical board. Looks nice though, but I think i'll keep my Steelseries 6Gv2 with it's cherry blacks, which is bomb proof.

5. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

BUT THE HORRIBLE SHINY BODY THAT YOU CAN'T KEEP CLEAN!

I pre-ordered this and then cancelled it when I heard that it wasn't fully mechanical. Going to get a Filco tenkeyless ninja :) just not sure whether I need the feedback of the browns for typing (keyboard for work not gaming).

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

If it had white or even blue LED backlighting i'd be alover it considering I have a friend who can get me one at wholesale price. Unfortunately no backlighting means no sale for me and I don't like the looks of the MMO targeted Corsair keyboard with the backlighting.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

No backlighting... and silver. :( Shame, because it looks like a good keyboard.

8. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

My keyboard has no backlighting, and only engraved keys, no paint. I look down even less than ever now... Its also completely black, so no use even looking down in anything but bright light.

EDIT: nice rig btw I'm so envious.

9. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I can understand their willingness to avoid bling, but for me backlighting is actually very useful. The dim red lighting on my Sidewinder X4 means that all the keys are easy to see without distracting you with an overly bright light emanating from the keyboard. It's used on plenty of laptops without looking garish too.

10. The_Beast

I can forgive the glossy if I can get a student discount ;)

I'm still looking at the Filco and Ducky brand keyboards.

11. Pookeyhead

My G110 is not bright though... very subtle. In daylight you can't even see it, and at night it's still dim. I agree with not needing to look when gaming (obviously) but for everything else, I like a back lit keyboard, as I work in reduced light most of the time.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I finally got some mech keyboards for a review and also finally see what all the hype has been about.. It will take some getting used to with these red Cherries, but I'm already feeling like it's going to be worth the effort. The thing that really bugs me about membrane keyboards is the way how the touch changes over time. Even a cheap-ass 10 € keyboard can feel good out of the box, but over time it just gets so much worse.

Oh and the Corsair sure looks great! Hadn't really thought that a keyboard can actually look different, but that does it in a good way. Shame about the F-keys, though. Surely it is already so expensive they could have thrown in those extra switches?

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I very nearly went for the das but I am glad I didn't in the end. I am still building up the courage to spend £120 on a keyboard, I know it will be worth it though!

14. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

I have a question: How is the wrist wrest attached to the keyboard? Is it removable?

I mean, of all the keyboards, this is probably one I can finally consider, since I personally hate any audible feedback, and it has no backlighting + the dedicated media keys. I have my own wristrest and that works really well, so wondering if I can get rid of the one provided...

15. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I couldn't agree with the above review more! After using mine for the past 6 weeks or so I must say that using anything other than the K60 feels like a chore!

Nice one Bit-tech! :)

16. The_Beast

Since my first post I've been looking at keyboards all night long. I'm not done but this one looks like a winner.

As far as spending some coin on a keyboard, look at it as an investment. Membrane keyboards are rated for 1 million keystrokes and they last 2-5years. Mechanical switches are rated for 20-50 million keystrokes, so they should last 40-250 years based on membrane life times :lol:

17. Pookeyhead

WIN! I want that!

18. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

when it comes with all mechanical keys and is backlit I'd be interested

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

The Ducky Shine looks awesome, if it came in a tenkeyless format I would have gone for it, instead I picked up their tenkeyless model (DK1087 - cost me £65) with cherry blues, love it, already looking at picking up another mech :D
    I'd never spend more than £20 on a keyboard unless it's mech now, or special circumstances.
    Nice review though.

20. OzThe2

OzThe2 What's a Dremel?

Shame the keyboard isn't backlit. Seems a bit of an oversight for a keyboard marketed at gamers. Or as my wife calls me:a Gaymer.

Tags: Add Tags