1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Calculus Help

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Sniper, 11 Sep 2008.

1. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Hello all,
    I am currently in Calculus 1 and i was wondering if anyone could point me to some good practice problems online or places with practice problems. Reason is, i need to make an A in this and all the way up to Calc 3 and Differential Equations.

Anyone have some good sources?

I have exhausted the ones from the book.

2. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Idk if your school/calc class (FSU?) has "My Math Lab" but it came with my calc book. It has practice tests, questions, shows you how to do questions, etc. All you have to do is sign up if it came with your book. Otherwise you have to buy it seperately. But I found it quite useful.

3. C-Sniper

yeah FSU. I don't think mine came with My Math Lab. I know it came with Webassign which i hate with a passion now. Which Uni are you at or school?

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

'Exhausted all of the practice questions'? What kind of a maths text are you using...

5. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I'm still a senior in high school but I'm taking classes at my local community college, Manatee Community College. I don't really plan on using mine so if you want the account and I can find it your welcome to it.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you want a basic calculus book with some decent examples, I've found Jordan and Smith's book "Mathematical Techniques" to be excellent, you can probably pick it up from Amazon for next to nothing tbh. :)

7. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I used Further Pure Mathematics by Bostock, Chandler, Rourke for the entire of my further maths. It was explained well with tons of examples. Try to see if you get source a copy from a library.

8. C-Sniper

OK i will check all of these out. Thanks for the suggestions.

9. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

+1 I also used the same book! However some of the best notes I've ever used are from my uni, they're available on line. I'd send you a link but you need a username and password to access which i'd sooner not give out on a public forum. Drop me a PM if you're interested and i'll sort you some notes out.

10. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Tags: