1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield Hardline (cops vs robbers)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eiffie, 28 May 2014.

1. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I don't believe I've seen a thread for this game yet and will today's release of some new info I figured I'd kick it off with a trailer for the new game seeing as how there's a lot of BF players on this forum.

Arghh I can't get the link to embed and I don't want to just link to another site's page because I don't believe that is the right thing to do. I want to share the video but it's listed on "playwire" and the embed code doesn't seem to work or I'm just a newb at it.

Instead I can link a youtube video from a user who has info on the new game but the trailer doesn't appear to be working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xokuPraYc

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

If you use some google-fu the Hardline trailer should be not too hard to find. It was around 7 minutes long with story and multiplayer footage.

3. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Oh dear. Militarisation of the police isn't something to be celebrated. On the other hand you could spin it as that old Peelerism "the police are the public and the pubbers are the police"...

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Yeah i figure that this might come back to bite them in the arse. Which is a shame because it's a perfectly fine concept (we all played cops and robbers as kids) and the press like the daily fail won't be able to leave this alone.

The escape sequences in cars look like they could be good fun :)

5. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

dont mind cops Vs robbers but this just looks to cartoonie for me now and it just dont look like battlefield anymore. Pass

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I hear some people are already saying reskin, with tweaked mechanics and new maps.

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

remember dice have nothing to do with this.

there now busy with :

9. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I went over to JackFrag's youtube page the other day and he's got a few videos up, about 8-10 minutes each featuring the good and the bad of BF Hardline. There's actually quite a few neat tweaks in the BF gameplay that look interesting. The melee looks more robust without the counter ability. I like the taser guns that can in-cap people and the gunplay looks to be spot on. Also the interrogation ability is awesome. The last of us and Metal Gear 4 Online had slightly similar mechanics in their games and I think they worked out quite well for more tactical and small time battles. A few things do still look like they need work, character models look pretty bland but since the game isn't finished that could all change quite a bit but the grappling hook and ziplines look like they need the most work to smooth out the animations and make it easier for people to use it. When I was watching Jack play he seemed to have a lot of trouble getting it setup just right, taking long enough that I feel like it might get a player killed in a larger game mode with little chance of success. Jack also mentioned that the game is going to focus on the ground combat a lot more which means the Devs buffed a lot of the guns versus vehicles. The balance between being on foot or in a car or chopper might be shifted quite a bit depending on just how strong or how weak the guns/vehicles get.

10. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Just about to have a blast on BF3 and offered to register for the beta. Seems they will be emailing people who get selected.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Waiting for BETA invite, come on give me invite

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Indeed, just signed up myself.

13. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

i have the beta :)

14. suragh

suragh Derp

I got in straight after I wanted access. I guess they have cut the strings on that because of popularity?

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I don't think i will be getting the beta invite. Never mind

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Not that interested tbh...

I'm thinking their time might have been better spent fixing the game millions of people paid for several months ago rather than coming up with another half baked idea.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Seen some videos on the net and it just looks like a DLC or add on to Battlefield 4.

Registered so that I can try it but still not had the email.

To be honest though I expect the beta to be better than the actual game since it's a Dice game and they can only make betas and not games.

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

It's strange, some of the points they picked up on are said to be in the game from the other videos I watched. I haven't played Battlefield since BC2 so I'm actually kind of looking forward to this - something similar but different. Some valid points though - playing on the theme a bit more would be cool. I was however close to headbutting my desk because of how many times that dude said "asymmetry".

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Most of the issues with Battlefield 4 that I have seen, I have also seen in the videos from Hardline.

The amount of videos I have seen which show allot of Packet loss is shocking as well considering I would have thought, that they would have had a sever on site which should eliminate the packet loss to such a small number that it would not, show in the game.

I will not be buying the game and will instead wait and see what people say about it, like I am doing with the new Call Of Duty game.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

All of my friends can't work out whether to call it PayField or BattleDay.... :p