1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Tv series gold rush

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 5 Jun 2014.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Tod hoffman.... seriously the guy hasn't got a clue.

I love the show but right from the start I realised what a phoney he was, using the words frickin and demanding you get 1000 ounces this series doesn't make you a gold miner.

Next series please replace him with some that has a single clue.....please.......

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I've given up watching most shows on Discovery - they've turned from being an educational channel with a slight twist on entertainment to being a full-on entertainment channel with a bit of education.

Most of their shows are reality TV that focus on "characters" - so rather than Gold Rush being about how the modern gold industry works in the US, it's all about how a few stupid people almost kill themselves on a weekly basis.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that remotely interesting.

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

How far have you got in the series? The last series in South America is even funnier.

If you want proper hardcore miners, Yukon Gold is the one to watch. Crazy homebuilt contraptions that put Todd's outfit to shame in the ounces they pull out.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh they are in south America, that's how far I've gotten, 2nd episode I think.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I gave up after the last season, total dross, although I wish Parker Schnabel luck and success

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It went down hill when they went to South America, Yukon Gold is more like the rest of the other series's.

Parker was lucky to have Tony Beets help him, he's a total crazy but judging by the size of his operation he's a rich man.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Really bored with the series now.

Hoffman is a grade A dumb ass I mean who in their right mind is investing in this ass hole.

If he didn't have discovery money behind him he would be in a trailer park on welfare right now.

I don't want to watch people fail.

Edit........ can't believe this thread has 1500+ views and 7 responses :)

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You answered your own question.

Why does Discovery invest in this show? Because they know you'll watch it, and all the ads that air during the show.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh unfortunately your right I have nothing better to do than watch morons at work.