1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Make your own L4D/L4D2 Screensavers

Discussion in 'General' started by 500mph, 20 Nov 2009.

1. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Well I figured this out myself but it seems someone else has already done it. They failed to make a proper tutorial so I will give you all one.

First off, download the Bink player Here. You will be using this program to make the actual screen savers.

Next, find where you have installed L4D or L4D2 and explore to the 'media' folder. It should be Steam>steamapps>common>left for dead 2>leftfordead2>media. There you should find these files:
    [​IMG]

Now open up Bink and explore to your L4D media folder:
    [​IMG]

Select one of the backgrounds and click Advanced Play(seen in the above picture). It will bring you to an options box. Select 'Loop the playback'. Farther down in the options you have the 'Screen position and scaling' section. Enter your desired resolution in the width and height section(I suggest your actual resolution). At this point your options should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Hit the 'Make EXE' button. Under the options presented to you, select the 'Create screen saver' option. Choose where ever you would like to output the file (I suggest Windows/System32 since that is where the screen savers so you can choose them in the screen savers options with Windows.)
    [​IMG]

Now hit compile, then repeat, and enjoy!

Edit: Any video that plays using Bink player can be made into a screen saver. Have fun!

Last edited: 20 Nov 2009
  2. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

congrats. this is wonderful. and will be my screen saver when i buy it.

500mph likes this.
  3. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Nice little tutorial, and not to detract from it, but... who actually uses a screen saver these days?

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I will now if its of me chainsawing a tank :thumb:

5. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Thanks!

I see your point. I do actually when I have to go to class.

Right now it's only the backgrounds of the menu, but if you can get a video of yourself chainsawing a tank and convert it to .bik format, you could make that into a screensaver.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh please, we all know is about the frying pan :thumb:

Furymouse likes this.