1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress My first personal build Project Chappie

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by pcmatters, 1 Sep 2015.

1. pcmatters

pcmatters What's a Dremel?

Hi guys my name is Edoy from Philippines I'm doing mods couple of years a go, and my friend told me that i should be posting in forums and this is it.
    :rolleyes:

Here is what I am currently working on :

I have acquired the case that will be used for this project, a Cougar QBX Mini ITX. One major aim for this mod is to showcase all the components that will be used.

The project was inspired by a movie that I recently watched it's all about a robot named Chappie, below is the blueprint for the success of this project :)

The Motherboard will be mounted 90 degrees in the middle of the case which will be sure to catch attention as it is not something that we see everyday.

Case - Cougar QBX
    Proc - g3258
    Mobo -
    Ram -
    PSU -
    Cooling -

The Video card will be placed on top so that it can be showcased in all it's glory. a PCIE 3.0 Riser will be used to connect it to the main board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radiator and reservoir for the cooling system will be in the mini itx case as well leaving no space for a power supply, I am going to take advantage of that misfortune and turn it to one of the best features of this mod. The Power supply unit will be mounted outside the case as shown on the image above then neat cables will be modded and used for some sort of robotic effect. There will also be additional safety feature for the power supply because mounting it outside makes it vulnerable to foreign objects that might make it malfunction.

The overall external appearance of the case will be based around Chappie the robot's design which I have not sketched yet but here is a reference that I took from the internet.

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Last edited: 2 Sep 2015
  2. mickeeboi

mickeeboi What's a Dremel?

This is going to be awesome :clap:

3. pcmatters

pcmatters What's a Dremel?

Thanks Bro..

:D

4. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*