1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics New drivers cripple computer

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Morphious, 7 Jun 2009.

1. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

I attempted (got a BSoD during the middle of it) to install the newest Catalyst drivers since I was getting some BSoD problems frequently from my card (ATI Radeon HD4870), and now I am encountering some issues - mainly my mouse doesn't work anymore. I have restarted, tried multiple mice, multiple USB slots, and restored to a backup point that I had from last night (tried installing the drivers this morning, so it was obviously a good backup point).

No dice on any of them - and now it recognizes new hardware of my mouse, and is trying to search for the drivers, but I can't even select 'Locate and install driver software' to get the mouse drivers installed. The screen has popped up, but when I hit enter nothing happens.

It also seems that my computer no longer recognizes any of the ethernet adapters I have...

I have no idea of what I can do at this point short of a reformat, so any help at all would be incredibly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you've been vamboozled by a virus it sounds like.. it probably happened when you were prancing around sites

reinstall is the best bet

3. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Agree ^^^^^^^

Roll back to the drivers and CCC version that came with the card originally, use you keyboard to navigate to My computer, then on the disc drive. Should then work. Its then your choice if you choose to try updating it again

:)