1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Identify that film - a help thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Constructacon, 17 May 2013.

1. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I would like to propose a thread where people can come to get help to identify a film they remember and would like to go back and watch but can't remember the title.

I remember a film which I think is the story about a couple (let's call them A+B) told over a period of time as told by one couple to another couple at a restaurant. A+B keep coming together and breaking up and their story yo-yos somewhat, and the people hearing about them are like "oh so they got together, oh no they didn't, oh yes they did, i'm confused." I was thinking it was When Harry Met Sally but I just re-watched that and that isn't it. Can anyone help?

Anyone else stuck on a movie, feel free to continue this thread and I'll help where I can too.

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Ok.... why hasn't Tel chipped in yet? I think Bindi has him tied up in his basement watching terrible movies that no-one has ever seen ;)

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Do you have any further details on the film? Such as the year is was release, possible actors maybe any notable scenes.

4. Constructacon

I really thought it was When Harry Met Sally and was disappointed when it wasn't. I just looked up Billy Crystal's filmography on IMDB and think I found it - Forget Paris. I'll have to go back and re-watch it to confirm.

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I remember seeing this film on TV in my teens. It gave me the real horn at the time cos it involves two teenagers (boy & girl). He shags her and for some reason wants to prove his worth to her and her parents so deliberately sets fire to their house so that he can rescue the situation. However, the fire gets out of control and guts the house. He is found out as the culprit and it ruins his life - I think he has to serve time for it. When he gets out he somehow finds where the Mum is now living and I think he shags her too.

It's American.

Go.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's a got a definite ring of Endless Love (1981) about it.

****.......do I lose man points for knowing that?

Porkins' Wingman likes this.
  7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Quite. Had any mood swings lately?

8. Porkins' Wingman

Good answer, think you're probably right with that. And yes, please deduct 25 man points.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

You may redeem your points if you re-wire a plug with in the next 24 hours, or put a shelf up on a stud wall without pulling the sheet rock down.

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Many... many Man-points were lost by admitting knowing it...

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

In my defence, I only knew it. Porkins watched it :p

12. Constructacon

I have another one that's been bugging me that I want to see again:

A couple are on a cross country road trip (to a funeral I think). The guy is a pharmaceutical rep. The guy confesses that the inheritance that they have expected him to receive when someone died is gone (spent or something). They pick up a hitchhiker (I think). When at a hotel the guy turns on them and ties the guy up, feeding him prescription drug samples to knock him out. Hitchhiker guy goes and watches the wife in the shower and persuades her to sleep with him. In the end it turns out
    the guy is awake the whole time after not taking the drugs and the inheritance hasn't been lost. He was just testing his wife to see if she really did love him.

I think that's pretty much the movie.

EDIT: movie age would be sometime in the mid 1990's or earlier based on when I saw it.

13. Porkins' Wingman

HTF could you know that without seeing it. Come on, fess up - you've got it on vhs, dvd and blu-ray ain'tya!