1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SkyDrive

Discussion in 'Software' started by BennieboyUK, 24 Apr 2012.

1. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Just a reminder for anyone with a Windows Live account to log on and claim your 25gb of free cloud storage.

Applications included are for Windows (sync folder for backups), iphone, windows phone and more.

It is only for a limited time, so get it!

All the best
    Bennieboy

bluespider42 likes this.
  2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that mate. I used mine last night as a backup for my Photoshop pictures

sent from HTC Sensation

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I love Skydrive. I created a whole bunch of folders for movie clips, important documents, game and software product keys, and pictures.

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

FYI whats worrying is it just checked this out and all my photos are online and avlaible to EVERYONE !!!!!!!!

WTF microsoft i never signed up i never accepted an upload just WTF are doing doing with my STUFF !

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

do you use windows live mesh? mesh is being replaced by skydrive (app)

you can change the sharing of files and folders

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Oh nice! Just upgraded for free. I need to start using this more. I use DropBox too, but it's good to have such a huge amount of free space!

7. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Thanks for this.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

thanks for the heads-up... got me the free 25GB, only downside, like dropbox it has to have it's own folder... and [unlike dropbox], no linux client...

BUT, the extra space may come in handy what with windows 8 and the whole live ID integration sync... thing...

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've activated it, but it won't let me upload any files :/

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Just a warning, Skydrive likes to play with EXIF. If the name in EXIF is empty, but you have the keywords filled, then it will copy the keywords to the name field. If you have the name filled, then it will copy it (and overwrite) to the description field.

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Thanks BennieboyUK ! I'm now at a cool 25gb, nice tip :)

12. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Apart from the increase in synced storage, this seems like a backwards step from Live Mesh which is what I use now. Live Mesh you can sync and share folders individually without having a separate 'Dropbox Style' folder which syncs everything to all devices, also you can sync directly between two PCs which keeps things in sync without using up your cloud quota and finally it enables a simple to use remote desktop system which works great.
    I can't use Skydrive app on my old laptop as it would sync all of my skrydrive an fill up it's tiny hard drive, I currently use live mesh for syncing one folder of work documents.

The extra synced storage is great (We already had 25Gb skydrive) but now it has many of the limitations that made me use live mesh in the first place.
    Also you can add your skydrive as a networked hard drive so I have using it that way up til now. I hope they add in the features which currently make live mesh better than the rest.