1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming laptop for CS:S under £500?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Tuned#F_A_F, 15 Jan 2012.

1. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

Topic says it all really. I've gone without a laptop forever. Now everyone in the family has one so I'm thinking of getting one for the wife....and by default myself :)

I'm thinking of spending around £500 on a 15" screen laptop, brand doesn't matter. And I figure it might as well be capable of running CS:S at 1440x900. Is there anything that can handle it at that resolution for £500 or near?

Kev

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'd imagine anything can run CS:S nowadays.

3. Tuned#F_A_F

Would be ideal if it could run it WELL though, I'm talking 60+ FPS :)

4. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

CSS was always processor-bound. You shouldn't have a problem. Stick steam and css on a memory stick and run around currys trying them out.

5. Tuned#F_A_F

Well I'm glancing at the i5-2430M which seems to be a good balance of speed + value. The HD3000 graphics seem to run CS:S OK; http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html

As for trying out USB sticks, you've obviously never met the PC World/Currys nerks down in Cornwall. They think you can get a virus on their display models just by waving a floppy disk at them....

6. Major D

Major D What's a Dremel?

Now you see faf, Cornwall makes Norfolk seem sophisticated and that is saying something.

7. Tuned#F_A_F

8. v1haanDM

v1haanDM What's a Dremel?

I think one of the dell inspirons would be your best bet kev..should cost you around 350-600 £ with an i5...css could probably run at around120 fps with a decent cfg file