1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards 5850/4850x2 motherboard support

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slickman9, 8 Dec 2009.

1. slickman9

slickman9 What's a Dremel?

please bare with me as i am new and not sure of all the rules. Any problems tell me and i will adjust them in the next post or this current one if i am able to.

i am thinking of buying a refurbished pc and then giving it a bit of a graphics card boost.
    Main cards im looking at are the ati 5850, 4850x2 and maybe the 4870 x2 if i can find it cheap enough don't want to spend over 220
    my question is will any of these cars fit this motherboard ?
    Stingray motherboard
    Type: µATX motherboard

thank you

2. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

If it has a PCI-E slot then yes, if it isn't a x16 speed slot then the cards may not operate at full speed. You will aslo need to check the PSU supplied as may not be a very good one.

A quick google says that it is a Pentium 2 board so will have PCI only, so it won't support any new graphics cards. Assuming I have found the right board of course.

3. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

when i googled it i found a P4 board with AGP lol.

4. MikeMania

MikeMania What's a Dremel?

Since its a microATX I am assuming the case will be quite compact, and I would be more concerned if they would physically fit inside the case. As long as it has a PCI-E like reggie said, you are fine. Also, take into consideration the wattage of your power supply, make sure its enough.

I also googled as I was curious what brand of motherboard Stingray is and found this
    http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=spec_motherboard_stingray&ppn=PC14104001

While it may not be be one you have, it does have a PCI-E. So there is a possibility yours does too.