1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 to get a Dashboard update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 26 Jan 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

oooh first reply my first EVER

on the article the 360 really does need an update there are several niggling bugs throught the dashboard.

but the only update i really want to see is for all games to have a multiplayer setup similar to perfect dark. i doubt this will ever happen with any EA games (they suck for any kind of post purchase support specificly multiplayer especially since this gen EA are rumoured to have the ability to turn off online play on a game when a new version comes out IE nfs:2 stops working as soon as nfs:3 is released) but i can dream of a good multiplayer GUI for COD:2 and Quake 4. the later is horrible have yet to be able to get into a game. the demo has more people playing

3. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

and what happens to the people without xboxlive....
    i hope its released on games/magazines for the other users without live, just like sony did with the psp firmwares for example.

4. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

Everyone has xbox live who has an xbox 360. THey may not have the GOLD subscription, but that only allows you to connect to other systems for multiplayer gaming. The SILVER which comes standard with every x360 allows access to the marketplace, live arcade and all that good stuff.

Everyone with an x360 and a connection to broadband internet will have access to the update.

5. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

Fullfat meant people without access to the Live network and he has a valid point. Having said that, the update available for download mainly affects the 360's online abilities eg. webcam, so it's not too significant.

6. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

I've no idea why anyone without broadband would have purchased an x360 up to this point.. as broadband connectivity is 50% of the console. Its sort of like buying a standard automobile without a left foot to hit the clutch.

I'm sure you can order one from microsoft though at the cost of handling fees, as they have stated when the console was launched.

7. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

personally i would put it up in 90% of what the console offers.

8. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Might have something to do with those neat thingamajigs I hear they have now... what were they called again... oh yeah: games.

Don't make me get on my soapbox about Internet connectivity. :blah:

Last edited: 20 Mar 2006
  9. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Look at what the update is for. It is for xbox live not the normal console. Its to sole Achievements which is an xbox live feature. Its to allow webcam, Xbox live feature. Its to allow downloading whilst doing other things, Xbox live feature. So stop complaining

10. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Yea, i thought it was absolutely ridiculous that people couldnt do other things while downloading, glad there adding that feature.

11. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

Compeltely agree.. though i'll miss the fun I had staring at the progress bar climbing across my screen.

12. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTY2NDMsSmFudWFyeSAgLDIwMDY=

Heres hoping the COD2 update is to make a decent multiplayer UI like PDZ

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

At last. CoD2 has a purpose again. I think I've exhausted it's single player capabilities after the lag-tastic multiplayer mode killed my interest (incidentally the lag free games I did have were sublime).

As for the dashboard thing, well it was something we've been complaining about since it launched. Although to be fair it's a fairly minor fault in an otherwise excellent service.

Tags: Add Tags