1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The great PPD thread [New]

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Unicorn, 23 Apr 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Can I get a sticky?

Just upped the PPD of my dual 8800GTS and C2D E6400 rig today from ~7500-8000 to 9500-10000 by installing the VMware SMP client and removing the standard CPU client that I had running on it. W1n :thumb:

2. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

That's a tidy jump in points Uni. Congrats :thumb:

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

The Great PPD thread was about how to get the most points from your hardware.
    You need to post what you did so it helps others.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

:eyebrow: Don't make me quote myself m8 :waah: The guide I used to install said VMware SMP client is from Maximum PC and can be found here. Remember you need a CPU that supports VT (Virtualization Technology) to run it!

On another note, I got the overclock on that 8800 rig up higher this morning. That's probably because I have the aircon unit on it at present, which has been needed more and more lately. both GPU cores running stably at 710Mhz and the memory is in around 1010 on both also. Remember to keep them stable at that I have had to use Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 coolers with the fans set to 100% duty cycle in Rivatuner and have an air conditioning unit providing the intakes of the machine with < room temp air.