1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Boot from Recovery Partition with ASUS UX31A?

Discussion in 'Software' started by AaaBaa, 11 Nov 2012.

1. AaaBaa

AaaBaa What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I bought a UX31A last month, with Windows 7 Home. A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro.

When upgrading, I deleted all partitiions EXCEPT for the 10GB Recovery partition.

However, now I have decided that Windows 8 is a bit too buggy at the moment with this machine, so I want to go back to the Windows 7 Home setup that came with the machine originally. However I am unable access the ASUS Recovery partition in order to return the machine to the factory state.

I have tried to press F9 on startup, as per the the instructions on the ASUS website (link below), but nothing happens. However, the partition is still definitely there -- I have checked using the Computer Management tools on Windows, and the 10GB partition is indicated as "Healthy". For some reason I cannot access and boot up with the all-important partition on startup.

How can I see the option of booting with the Recovery Partition, and thereby reverting back to Windows 7?

Many thanks :)

----
    Link to the ASUS page for the UX31A (note that my machine doesn't have an optical drive):
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Troubleshooting UX31A