1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registration difficulties

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by yodasarmpit, 20 Feb 2013.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

For those having difficulty in registering on the forum, please bear with us.
    We are awaiting Dennis implementing a proper Captcha solution to filter out spam bot and system generated registants.

This does mean that all user registrations have to be manually verified, and with several thousand per day this is becoming a sizeable task.
    It also means that some genuine applications are deleted in the mix, and for this we apologise.

Regards,
    yodasarmpit

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Meanwhile there are things you can do to help us spot that you are the real deal, and not some spambot.

- On the sign-up page, say something about yourself: location, interests, birthday, mods. Don't be shy --show us that you're a real person!

- If you know a member on this forum who can vouch for you, get them to send us a PM with your username and email address so we can look out for you.

- When you are validated, post a hello in this thread. It's another way of us knowing you're the real deal.

3. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I hope this cuts down your work on the forums, as I know you (and all the mods) put in a lot of time dealing with Spam bots

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Ouch didn't realise there was no captcha verification yet, no wonder the mods are so busy!

5. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

The registration should now be fixed. Sadly there's no captcha yet. It'll be going right near the top of my dev request list though. :)

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

7. de.das.dude

de.das.dude What's a Dremel?

YESS I CAN POST finally.

PS. the registration system is poo :(

8. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

Hello

9. CdnGhost

CdnGhost What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the activation! so glad to be a part of this community!

10. Sethenor

Sethenor What's a Dremel?

Thanks for finaly activating my account. Took me about 4 registrations :p

11. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

Really thanks for my account activation.

12. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Not really activation, but I just spent about 15 minutes trying to reset my password. The Captcha system is broken as hell, constantly failing me, for both image and audio versions, until I stumbled onto one that it magically did match correctly.

You seriously need a better system than this, it's downright infuriating.

13. bleugh

bleugh Hello

I know this thread is old but just thought I'd say incase anyone new is struggling.

It took me about 7 days to activate my account, so give it time if you are have issues.

14. Shadotracker

Shadotracker What's a Dremel?

I was finally able to get my 2nd account registered after my 1st one never got approved.

How long does it take for moderators to approve of posts? Or another way to get in contact with an administrator? The contact us is not working at all. So I can't fix any post that I have made or trying to do.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Apologies for the delay - it's contingent on a moderator working through the moderation queues and everyone's probably a bit too full of festive cheer and ale ;)

16. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I have a better solution :)

Put all new users (Zero posters) on MODERATION which means NO GROUP EXCEPT STAFF sees what they post until its checked.... (Usually after 5 or so posts they can be trusted and added to the reg member group)

Ya might wanna check with Staff members though,this will make it harder on them and they already do alot around here!!

Good luck .. Thanx for keeping this a GOOD PLACE!! (Off garbage software,etc)

17. CatalinM

CatalinM What's a Dremel?

God, I can't believe this is still an issue 3 years later :(

I am happy to be here, but I was seriously off-put by waiting 2 weeks (and 2 registration attempts) to be able to post here.

I'd be willing to help alleviate this if you want help :)