1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Motherboard prices are increasing rapidly!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 6 Nov 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've been checking around and it seems that there's been about a 30% in average board price in the last month for popular chipsets. If you want to upgrade, buy sooner rather than later imo. Apparently this is all down to the $ rate falling through the floor. :(

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I think it will go even more up, however so many won't buy, that they'll have to reduce the price. OR your salary will increase and everyone is happy and the economy totally adjust itself. Lesson: Don't touch anything the economy is affecting everyone without exception that means nothing happens. If you touch, well you make things more complicated and things don't adjust.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

yeah i spotted this aswell, I was hoping to pick up a DFI X48 soonish but the price increase has ruined it for me.

4. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

Will todays interest rate cut improve prices at all? Im not totally savvy on the whole economics of it all... just curious as my scheduled new build is looming fast.

5. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

I haven't noticed price increases as much as it seems all the instant savings are gone.

6. tonpal

tonpal What's a Dremel?

It will if it gets the economy growing. I would not expect it to be instant though.

The other option is to wait until things improve. Good old Gordon will look after us.....wont he :worried:

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Once prices go up and they get you paying that, they won't come down easily.

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

our dollar has been crashing in comparison to the USD. i thought that this was because the US dollar was actually on the rise lately?

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

So glad I just won a great board.

Prices=crap.

10. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

It won't take long before motherboards are selling at half thier current cost or less, so if what you have is good, there's no need to splurge on the latest and greatest.

Tags: