1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anyone using Nvidia Shadowplay

Discussion in 'Software' started by Parge, 4 Nov 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hi guys!

I can't get this to record. I get the logo in the game, and when I play a game a folder is created in my save location, but for some reason, nothing ever gets saved there, even though I'm hitting all the relevant record buttons and I get the 'down arrow' in game (which I think means its saving)

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My card doesn't meet the requirements so i can't try it for myself...

could it be a permissions thing?

3. Parge

Got it! Just required a restart!

First impressions - awesome for your framerates, not so awesome that you can only record in 1080p so for people like me (2560*1080) all your videos look squashed.

4. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

That does suck, I think I'll stick with DXtory

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Parge

Bear in mind, this is very much v1.0. You can also only record game sounds etc - not microphone inputs etc. For now DXTory is safe.

However, when they have fixed the above issues, there will be no going back from this, honestly, the shadowplay feature, combined with literally no discernable hit in framerates is astounding compared to what most people will be used to.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have used it and the quality is really good.

It will be better once it's out of Beta as I assume that people will then be able to choose what resolution and frame rate, they want to record at.

The one thing that annoys me about it is that it does what Fraps does and that is it captures the Windows sound, so it will record the game sound but also anything else you have running at the same time that creates sound like Teamspeak etc.

All I can say is good work Nvidia, as it might make the creators of Fraps and DXtory introduce more features to there software to make it more appealing to people rather than this free software, well those on Nividia graphics anyway.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm using it, really like it. However if you're listening to spotify while playing it records the sound lol.
    I'll upload a video, it's 800Mb+ mind (untouched)

Edit -
    What do you guys edit videos in?

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Shadowplay from what ive noticed seems pretty stable but not compatable with as much as fraps is right now. It also for some reason refuses to reconise a few of my games as legit. ( Guild wars 2 and WOW)

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've had a quick look, performance is certainly good, as is the quality, the biggest issue for me at the moment is not being able to record audio (microphone) nicely (or at all depending :p)

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

On the Nvidia forums they say there going to add an option for mic recording as well.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh yeah I've no doubt it will be added at some point :)

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I played with it the day it went live. It works really well. But if your gane crashes, DX crashes then it fails to record until systen restart.

The file organisation is great. Splitting game modes in BF4 into seperate folders.

Video quality is awesome. Even at the low setting.

I recorded a video and recorded a round in all three modes.

That was BF3 not 4. But have used it in BF4 and had no performance hit. Used the in game fps counter to see what I was getting.

I believe it will also output to twitch in the future also.

And yeah down mixes all audio to single audio stream. Havent tested with virtual audio cable yet. But think it will still be the same.

As soon as nVidia enable seperate audio recording combined with VAC this will be truly awesome.

I do believe AMD are working on a similar recording option too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Bit of a necro post but I think it might be worth it.

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that the performance of my 780Ti SLI setup had dropped and I couldn't think as to why.

I actually started considering that it was the Nvidia Drivers and was considering if I didn't sell my pc in total, that I would end up selling my 780Ti's and jumping to AMD.

So today I decided to download some different drivers but whilst they were downloading I thought I might as well start uninstalling the older drivers.

I uninstalled Nvidia Shadowplay first and then for some reason I thought I should benchmark my cards so I fired up, Firestrike Extreme and ran it with no overclock on the cards.

So this is the result for stock with Shadowplay installed.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1649294

Overclocked using +195 Core +300 Mem

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1642343

Now with Shadowplay uninstalled

Stock

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1676431

Overclocked with +195 Core +300 Mem

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1676457

So if anyone else has thought that there performance has dropped might be worthwhile checking what it's like, with Shadowplay turned off/on and installed/uninstalled.

15. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

I found shadowplay to have a noticeable hit on my fps, imho its still not a patch on dxtory

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The point with Shadowplay it reserves some of the GPU POWAH for itself. Hence the drop in how well they seem to perform and the gains made when it was uninstalled.

I have been using a 780 for several months, have SP installed and everything has been fine for me :)

I did notice some stutter etc when using SP to record.