bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Feb 2017, 21:20   #21
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Huskybongs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Let's do an update

My ODAC came home. I just love the sound of this thing. Paired up with my sennheiser hd 650s listening to Pink Floyd has never been this good What a beast this little thing is. Lathed a new volume button though since I prefer the feel of metal

Got my CAD drawings watercut. Well they were supposed to be watercut but the machine was broken at the place so they plastmacut it. Also got my custom hinges watercut but you'll see those pictures later.

Gonna be a riddiculus amount of filing and sanding before I can send these to get chromed but we'll get there, fingers crossed.

Sry for the pictures but I cant place it inside yet but at least you get a feel for what I'm trying to achieve here

These are the sides (port-side specifically)

both

Big radiator grills. 566 mm's across

Actually lathed them in so you have a skirt of wood covering the first 4 mm's

Here's the stuff from Icemodz huge shoutout once again! Thank you for believing in this project

Huskybongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2017, 21:25   #22
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
What he said.

The craftsmanship and attention to detail in the woodwork speaks volumes. Are you a cabinet maker by trade? Awesome job. I really like when PCs don't look like PCs.

mal
As mentioned in the first post I do have help with the woodwork from my friend Mikael and I can't take the credit for this end result without including him. While I did do the shaping of the wood and drawing stuff up etc when it comes to making the cuts and glueing these together he was with me every step of the way.

And no neither me or him do any woodwork for a job. We're both studying engineering.
Old 28th Feb 2017, 18:00   #23
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hey, having a build buddy is far more productive than having a drinking buddy.
Although not as fun as a f*ck buddy.
Old 1st Mar 2017, 01:00   #24
Ally
What's a Dremel?

Ally has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would PM but I don't seem to be able to. May I ask how you obtained the Icemodz sponsership? I see this is your first thread on this site, have you done builds before? I have my first scratch build ticking along and a log should be on here once approved by admin, and I'm looking to get a low lever sponsor. Any help would be appreciated.
Ally
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 13:57   #25
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
I would PM but I don't seem to be able to. May I ask how you obtained the Icemodz sponsership? I see this is your first thread on this site, have you done builds before? I have my first scratch build ticking along and a log should be on here once approved by admin, and I'm looking to get a low lever sponsor. Any help would be appreciated.
Ally
There's literally countless treads on this topic and I don't want my build-log to be about this sorry. I don't know what is appropriate to say so I'd rather say nothing and focus on the build in question instead. I must say though. It's an affront to any decency to refer to the company in question as a low level sponsor. .
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 19:17   #26
Huskybongs
Minimodder

It's friday friday

Redid the hole for the DAC to fit will show you some stuff on sunday. Have a good weekend
Old 4th Mar 2017, 19:39   #27
Bartacus
Supermodder

Bartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming SaiyanBartacus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My god! This is some BRILLIANT work!! So sexy / classy / elegant / and a bunch of other compliments!!
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 22:17   #28
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Time to continue then..

So finally getting some components in. They will go out and in quite a bit before it's all said and done but still feelss like a great milestone

Here's some overview shots.

Chassi only

Body on

Made some custom steel mounting pieces for the pumps. They've been powdercoated after that

The motherboard tray is also in it's natural habitat now. We made a cable hiding tool behind the motherboard tray and had a panel lasercut to make it look nice. The 2 holes are for some temp-monitoring

And on the starboard side there's the 360 rad, the ax1500i psu as well as the custom mounting bracket for the psu, harddrives and ssd's

Had to level the reservoir. This was a bit of a headache but the solution was to cut a 3mm thick solid steelplate and have that as the reservoir mounting and at the same time leveling it perfectly.

Bolts and bricks ftw

Decently happy with how the radiators are being hidden, but they are big. Hopefully the fangrills will clean up everything a bit

That being said I can't wait to see these things in action

Redid the back holes and added these hexagon nuts. they look better

Old 20th Mar 2017, 22:47   #29
ADmodz
Modder

ADmodz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Totally stunning.
Attention to detail is fantastic
Subbing this one
ADmodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 08:21   #30
DFt.`
Supermodder

DFt.` has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm sure my heart skips a beat every time i look at that first pic

Not much excites me nowadays in the modding scene but this get an old modder's juices flowin again
Old 21st Mar 2017, 11:30   #31
kim
Multimodder

kim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFt.` View Post
I'm sure my heart skips a beat every time i look at that first pic

Not much excites me nowadays in the modding scene but this get an old modder's juices flowin again
Yeah, this desk is a masterpiece and i agree 100% your coment sir...
I apologise to Huskybongs interfering in his thread, but I jump on this occasion to say that...
Not much excites me in art but modding, a real passionate I am, I discovered Bit-tech few years ago, when you were already a great modder for a while, I am the kind of guy who is following almost all threads, and it includes all old threads like yours mister DFt, and I regret to have missed the 2000/2010 years of the modding scene, luckilly plenty of those wonderfull creations are still online, and unluckilly, most of the pictures are not visible anymore, like much of your work in all the threads you started...and it's my regret, because your work was really great and it's a tribute to modding that should never disappear...I feel like a part of the history is missing...
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 12:44   #32
Huskybongs
Minimodder

It's nice to see you 2 getting along
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 10:15   #33
DFt.`
Supermodder

DFt.` has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
Yeah, this desk is a masterpiece and i agree 100% your coment sir...
I apologise to Huskybongs interfering in his thread, but I jump on this occasion to say that...
Not much excites me in art but modding, a real passionate I am, I discovered Bit-tech few years ago, when you were already a great modder for a while, I am the kind of guy who is following almost all threads, and it includes all old threads like yours mister DFt, and I regret to have missed the 2000/2010 years of the modding scene, luckilly plenty of those wonderfull creations are still online, and unluckilly, most of the pictures are not visible anymore, like much of your work in all the threads you started...and it's my regret, because your work was really great and it's a tribute to modding that should never disappear...I feel like a part of the history is missing...

WoW Kim tyvm mate they were the good o'l days when modding felt a lot more raw.
We were all a really tight bunch of brothers back then inspiring one another along.
You alone my friend have inspired me to take some time and re-link pics to those threads

Please take the time to check Some alonso bistro worklogs

Appols to you also Huskybongs pls don't let an old modder enjoying a stroll down memory lane distract from this amazing project

More updates!
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 13:29   #34
kim
Multimodder

kim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks a lot for your kind reply mate, I am so happy if you can re-link some of your work, that's so great...btw, I was checking for alonso bistro worklogs, I didn't really found out, but it led me to OCAU and i'm so glad to find another very quality site with a great modding section as well...
ps: I think Huskybongs is also an open mind person, but let's focus on his amazing desk from now
best regards and mod on
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 17:34   #35
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFt.` View Post
WoW Kim tyvm mate they were the good o'l days when modding felt a lot more raw.
We were all a really tight bunch of brothers back then inspiring one another along.
You alone my friend have inspired me to take some time and re-link pics to those threads

Please take the time to check Some alonso bistro worklogs

Appols to you also Huskybongs pls don't let an old modder enjoying a stroll down memory lane distract from this amazing project

More updates!
One can hope I'm around after a few years too
Old 5th Apr 2017, 15:34   #36
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Excellent progress on this build!

We have added it to our March Modding Update Here!

The winner of the Modding Update gets some nice Corsair fans
davido_labido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2017, 03:53   #37
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post
Excellent progress on this build!

We have added it to our March Modding Update Here!

The winner of the Modding Update gets some nice Corsair fans
This is pretty cool Thank you very much
Old 21st Apr 2017, 19:32   #38
Huskybongs
Minimodder

So I've been waiting for the watercut parts for a while and they finally arrived! There's a fair amount of sanding needed before I can send them to get chromed but I'm back on track now

Temporary workbench

Tested how they would look before they got screwed to the frame

Pretty painful as we had to lathe the entire inner wood in about 2 mm's to fit these

I will be updating more often again as I'm not waiting for parts now

Old 22nd Apr 2017, 17:45   #39
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ah, hardware limbo. That explains the hiatus. Waiting for parts sucks sometimes.
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 22:12   #40
Huskybongs
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Ah, hardware limbo. That explains the hiatus. Waiting for parts sucks sometimes.
Sucks but tonight im planning on drinking and listening to pink floyd so over and out

Tags
battlestation, desk build, husky bongs, mahogany, pc desk

View Mode