1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Complete with inside pics] ASSASSIN'S CREED MOD - Mod Of The Month May 1st Place

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sanjaya, 3 Apr 2015.

1. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Hi everyone here I'm off to starting my first mod, all of my builds have been scratch build so let's see how this one goes.
    I know most of us are fans of Assassin's Creed, so I decided to follow that theme.

First of all I must thank my sponsors for sponsoring this build. (Please click on the image to visit their official page)

Avexir
    [​IMG]

Avexir is providing the Avexir Blitz 1.1 Gaming Red Red LED memory modules for the build. Thank You Very Much Avexir

Bitfenix
    [​IMG]

Bitfenix is providing the Pandora Window edition and Spectre Pro LED Red Fans for the build. Thank You Very Much Bitfenix

EKWB
    [​IMG]
    EKWB is providing me with an EK-KIT L240 to water cool this build. Thank You Very Much EKWB

Renders and build pics coming up soon

Last edited: 12 Jul 2015
  2. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi guys, I'm back with the render images, these will change a little bit towards the end of the build and i might add some more features, but this would be the general concept, i'm not going to modify the metal parts, except making room on top for 2 fans.

This case is one of the most elegant cases that i've seen and i dun want it to loose that touch.
    I will not be focusing too much on having expensive components in the build so this would be a closed loop build with mid range specs, it's the look that i want to change to give it an assassin's creed theme.

[​IMG]

3. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

So here we go with the first Update,

Update 1:
    So I took apart the Pandora as I wanted some of the internal parts to be white. White looks very clean on a build so wanna make it as clean as possible
    [​IMG]

Parts ready for painting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So The Painted parts look like this, and when it's assembled it looks very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's all for this update guys.
    Till next time. Happy modding!

Last edited: 22 Apr 2015
  4. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi Guys, small update today. Took apart the Bitfenix Spectre Pro Red LED fans to paint the outer frame white. It perfectly matches with the build when painted white. Red and White, perfect match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I have some free time, so I will keep updating more frequently.

5. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Update 3

Update 3:

Hi everyone, I'm back with a new update. I designed a background design for the side panels, they looked quite empty just with the red designs, so I decided to add a background of Floral designs just like in AC.
    Initially I wanted to get it done in dark grey, but the sticker shop didn't have that sticker at that time. so I decided why not go with gold. You can see some test laser cuts as well in the following pics

This is the 3x3 feet sticker cut I got
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the non-windowed panel is complete it looks like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here's the two panel, with sticker and without sticker

[​IMG]

Window panel before and after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's wasn't easy to take the main parts of the sticker out as the lines were as thin as 1mm, it took a long time to do this
    I'll be back soon with a new update

6. MegaSkot

MegaSkot Minimodder

Nice job!! Sub... :rock:

7. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thanks MegaSkot, and your liquid cooling looks nice. m really interested in the superman logo colouring u did with coolant

8. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi Guys, Today is a small update on the laser cut products, Cut the top designs and side designs. After everything I realized that " 'S " wan't there, then i asked my friend to do that part on it.
    I was in two minds whether to paint the acrylic or not because it looked so beautiful even without paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll update the painted ones in few days :)

9. Cown

Cown Minimodder

:jawdrop: nice looking laser cut :D well done!

10. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank You Cown, Keep following, it gets better :) I promise :)

11. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Painted Acrylic

Hi all, I'm back with another update, Painted the laser cuts with Red, white and black cols with a bit of gold in some parts. most of the parts I airbrushed to make sure the sides doesn't have a thick paint. so here are the pics of the painted parts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how the top panel will look on top of the black mesh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how the small pieces will fit on the side panels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

This is looking ace, haven't seen a decent themed mod in a while!

13. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank You Very Much Hazchem, Hope you'll like the final look of the build :)

14. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Update - Hidden Blade and Flintlock Gun

Hi Guys, Back with a small update,

So for the build I wanted to have the assassin's hidden blade on the front and the flintlock gun on the non windowed side panel at the centre of a circular red acrylic gear wheel looking thing. I used both flintlock gun as well as the acrylic design that looks like a gear to resemble industrial age, where the newer versions of assassin's creed take place.

I made clay moulds for the shapes I wanted for the gun and blade. I did not make a shape first and mould it as this would make it easy for me to add designs to the parts

[​IMG]

I made a similar moulds for the gun barrel and other parts of the gun. after using resin to make the pieces and with a little clean up with the dremel they look like this. The wood part of the gun I cut with a Jigsaw and used dremel to carve the shape, then used sandpaper to make it smooth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after airbrushing this is how the parts looks. for the wood part I used Burmese Teek colour and a clear coat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you like the build so far. This is my third mod and best among the three I guess. I'll be back with more updates. :)

15. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

:rock:

Amazing work with knife

16. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

thank you Dot_Kappa

17. Cown

Cown Minimodder

DUDE! :jawdrop::jawdrop:

MOTM!

18. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

He he Thanks a lot Cown, Hope everyone will like it :)

Last edited: 5 Jun 2015
  19. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

LEDs in game

First of all thank you very much for the nomination as one of the MOTM nominees, it's great honour.

It's been one week since I last updated, was finishing up on the build so that I can update faster.

So this is where it get's interesting, now it's time to add LEDs to the build, I want it to look extremely good in the dark as well, so here we go with how i did it.

I made 4 standouts to hold the LEDs that light up the Assassin's Creed Logo using lathe, and made few other pieces to use as connectors to make the connection to side panels

To make sure there are no visible cables on the build I used transformer coil to connect the LEDs, this was very hard coz the LEDs were about 3mm and soldering them to hair like coils were next to impossible, and just side panels have 64 LEDs built into the designs. Hope you guys like it's look :)

Connectors and Standouts are like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So with these i can easily remove side panel without disconnecting any cables, just how it's supposed to be opened.

Here are the Standouts :)
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the scale with a pen
    [​IMG]

For all these I used 64 leds and 20 resistors i took out from LED strips
    [​IMG]

Soldering these was the hardest part as i mentioned to your before
    [​IMG]

Then I went on and made holes in the acrylic pieces to glue in the LEDs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Testing out the EK logo Lighting
    [​IMG]

Bitfenix Assassin Logo
    [​IMG]

Sadly Avexir logo was too small to fit in the LEDs. it was hard to fit the LEDs on the top right design as well as all the parts were extremely thin
    So this is how the build looks with everything complete except internal parts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the next update I will show you how I did the top panel lighting.
    Till then have a great weekend

20. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

the lighting is SICK