1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Zoyadog: Project YAMI - NEW Inwin 805 build!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Zoyadog, 17 Feb 2016.

1. Zoyadog

Zoyadog What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi and welcome to my third project "Yami"!:clap:

It has been almost a year ago since I finished "Odyssey", featuring the Hexgear R40, and a lot has happened since then. I have attended several events and competitions and the best part... I got the chance to visit Tokyo! Together with Fractal Design I went to Tokyo and visited a Japanese mod event where I talked about modding community in Europe and showed my mods. I also met the amazing modders Ronnie Hara and Fabio Moma.

Now I have gained more inspiration and I am ready for a new challenge. This project has been a bit delayed but now the pieces are finally starting to fall into place.
    I got this beautiful case from InWin last year. I fell in love with the clean design and especially the glass panels. Since the outside looks just fine, I think the modding will be focused more on the inside of the case.

I felt it was time for me to try and make a red and black build this time and I will also add some silver details. The GIGABYTE Ga-Z170x-Gaming 5 will suit this mod just perfect.
    I usually do not make a render or draft of the project. I prefer deciding how I want it to look when I can play around with the hardware and ideas! But for now, these are the decided features: acetal and nickel blocks from EKWB, hardline tubing, deep red fluid, red/black/carbon sleeving from E22, cover plates and more. I know it sounds a bit casual, but I will try to make my best to think outside the box.

I want to thank my friend Daniel Högberg for making this sweet banner for the project! :)

Hardware:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z170x Gaming 5
    GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 WF3
    RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Vengeance LPX
    PSU: Corsair HX850i
    SSD: Intel 750 400GB, Intel 730 240GB

EKWB Watercooling:

EK-Supremacy EVO Full Nickel
    EK-FC 750 1750 SSD
    EK-CoolStream CE 280
    EK-CoolStream CE 140
    EK-RAM Monarch X4
    EK-HD tubing and fittings
    ...more to be added!

2. Zoyadog

Zoyadog What's a Dremel?

First update!

InWin 805: I’ve always wanted to work with an Inwin case since I had a 904 at home, the tempered glass is one feature I really like. The challenge here for me is to do something unique, I don’t want to go by the standard layout. We’ll see!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GIGABYTE has supported me since I started my first project and this the motherboard I will use this time: GA-Z170x Gaming 5. The colour scheme will be the same as the colours on the motherboard. Black, red and silver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EKWB and Intel are two new supporters of this project and this may be my favourite feature of this build: water cooled SSD! I really like these two components together and I think it will add an interesting look to the loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a lot of things to show you in the upcoming updates, can’t wait!

3. Jeffinslaw

Jeffinslaw What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed your R40 build. Will be following this one as well :)

-Jeffinslaw

4. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Following, can't wait :)

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Good luck Frida!

6. y0gi

y0gi What's a Dremel?

Another one of your great builds to follow! Yes!

7. Derick

Derick Senpai Studios

Subbed

8. Zoyadog

Zoyadog What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone!

Hi again,

I am really sorry that it has been a while since my last update. :( I’ve had a lot of study to do before the graduation and not been home so much lately. Ive had troubles finding the inspiration I need for how I want the project to turn out, but now I try to start again with this project and I am excited and full of ideas. :D

I am working on the design of the aluminium panels that will cover the PSU area, where the pump will be mounted. I would like to cover the motherboard plate with plane aluminium as well for a cleaner look, but that may come later.

GIGABYTE GTX980 Windforce 3X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sleeving is almost finished, I still use the heatshrink method. Need to tidy up some of the heatshrink but I am very pleased with how the colour scheme turned out.

I want to thank E22 for sending me for support me with Teleios sleeving for this project, always a pleasure. :thumb: And Joe for the crimping tool! This is the first time I am crimping my own cables, I think it’s great to use but unless you have bought extra connectors it is too much work. I've had some troubles. The main problem was that I had troubles with pins getting stuck too many times in the connectors so they broke. Next time I sleeve I will get extra connectors. :sigh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to say thank you to my new sponsor Inet for supporting this project with these wonderful products.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who doesn’t love EK packaging?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a quick assembly of the parts to get an overview.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next step: aluminium panels.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2016
  9. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder