1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer fair

Discussion in 'General' started by Reznik, 23 Jul 2010.

1. Reznik

Reznik What's a Dremel?

I plan on building a computer soon(maybe 4 months) and I was told a while back that there's a computer fair in Stratford, and that prices there are really cheap, Anyone confirm?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Visit the Excalibur website. Prices are OK but nothing exceptional. Know your market to recognise the real bargains --just because it is at a fair doesn't mean it is the cheapest price. At least you can haggle on multiple purchases. Fairs are good for used parts and odd little components.

3. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

There's also i40 coming up soon in Coventry, might be worth a look (Kustom PCs have a stall and generally sell stuff cheaper than they do in store)

4. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

The last computer fair I went to was just full of 40-something year old blokes trying to sell dusty fans, generic, unbranded PSU's, boxes of IDE cables and rancid stained Microsoft keyboards.... would have loved to turn up with the watercooled machine I was rocking at the time.

5. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

It's cheaper online, most off the the folks flogging stuff at the fairs only get it from ebuyer anyway.

I gave up with the fairs long ago.
    Only worth it if you bank wont give you a debit card.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

computer fairs worked about 10-12 year ago, but now ebay and online retailers are really really hard to beat on price.

Not to mention that most computer fairs charge entrance fee's!

Before high speed internet, computer fairs were also the one and only source of black market software, I remember finding one guy with a CD flight case full of 500 home made copies of windows 98, selling them for £15 a pop or there about's..