1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Anomaly: Warzone Earth Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Forgot to mention the dodgy "British" accent, not that the accents are bad. Its just that they use words like garbage instead of rubbish ect.

3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Are you gonna fix that video player at some point?

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It would help if you told us what's wrong with it.

5. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Ah, well.

Going full screen causes the image to be blown up much larger than one of my two displays, with a big black band at the top, so I get a display half full of black, and half full of half the picture. I was rather expecting it to fill one of the displays, as Youtube, Vimeo, etc, would.

If I were forced to hazard a guess, I suspect someone assumed that desktop width equals target display width, which falls over rather on dual headed systems. Each display is 1920x1200, but the desktop is 3840x1200.

P

6. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Thought it was absolutely great fun having not played anything like this before, however it's short. Can be completed in approx. 4 hours, but didn't stop me wanting to play again on advanced difficulty. Can't complain for £8.99 though!

7. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

I'm on a single 2650x1440 monitor and a black band takes up the top third of the screen in full screen as well. There are also no controls visible when the mouse is moved in full screen, so I'm guessing the video is being shifted down a third to where they aren't on my screen. Its also cutting off much of the right side of the video. Why not just use a standard player(vimeo/youtube) which works, instead of that broken and ugly proprietary one you switched to? I still love the reviews, but I don't bother trying to watch any included video anymore, if I care a lot I'll just find it on youtube later.

-Joe-

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

There are no controls when in fullscreen by the looks of things. Running it on my laptop at 1440x900, and the video fits fine, but it looks like that is a missing feature, rather than a bug.

As for not fitting on the screen properly, it does beg the question, 'why not use a more recognised player?' Also by posting it as a video on Youtube, it could bring extra people to the site.

9. digitaldave

digitaldave What's a Dremel?

that bit gamer logo is pants.

sorry but my nan could do better than that tomorrow and she's dead.

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

BAck to the game:

The game is really fun. Too bad it is too short. It certainly deserves the 80% and I would recomend it over section 8, but still, section 8 have more time of gameplay.

cheers all

Tags: Add Tags