1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Skovby SM#752 Case-mod Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cown, 19 Mar 2015.

1. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Hi guys

It's been a while since my last mod and i figured now was as good a time as any to start working on something new :D

Idea
    To make a sleek inconspicuous case, that would blend in with the rest of our furniture.

Hardware
    No budget has been made in order to upgrade the hardware, so I will be using all existing hardware from my old case mod in this build, (see link in signature for further detail) apart from a minor GFX upgrade I made (EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified).

Inspiration
    The inspiration for this build comes from a buffet we have in our living room area. It's from Danish furniture manufacturer Skovby. The buffet is called SM #752 and is made of wood with black winge lacquered veneer.

The case
    I'll be using a very OLD Lian Li PC70 case I've been having lying around for years and years. I've been waiting a long time to come up with an idea for this case and now, finally it hit me :)

The plan is to have the case look as much as possible as the buffet, including the sliding door.

So with no further ado, lets get started :D

The source of the inspiration:

[​IMG]

Our buffet :)

[​IMG]

The case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stripping it down :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rivet mania :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

Spare parts anyone? :D

[​IMG]

Naked!

[​IMG]

Now, time for a bit of a change in appearances :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done.

[​IMG]

Measuring up for cutting :)

[​IMG]

More to come.

Thanks for looking :D