1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Which 140mm fans for 560 rad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thetrashcanman, 28 Dec 2011.

1. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Ok so Thursday's pay day and I'm probably going with one of these http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p9698_Phobya-G-Changer-560.html

as its the biggest rad I can fit in the TJ11 without going to a chiller or something crazy, so my question is are there any decent 140mm fans for rads?

I've seen phoyba have the 140mm fans that go with the radiator above, does anybody know if there any good?

I've also seen silverstone's 140mm AP's, but I've heard these aren't particularly good when used in conjunction with a radiator for whatever reason, although I have seen people use them with radiator's, so should I go for either of the above or perhaps Gentle Typhoon 120mm with 140mm adaptor's? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

what about the akasa vipers?

Akasa Vipers 140mm

or the Silverstone AP (as you mentioned)

3. thetrashcanman

Bloody hell thats very yellow, shocking at first I must say, but its growing on me, you heard/read any reviews on either the akasa vipers or heard anything more than I have about using the AP's in conjunction with a radiator buddy?

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

This is totally weird I cannot find any reviews on either and I've been searching for a while. The Akasa vipers I've only found 1 customer review and a couple of reviews for the the 120mm version but nothing for the 140mm. Sorry

5. thetrashcanman

no worries buddy, but just go with the 140mm AP's or go completely mad and get a chiller

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

There's a review of a few fans here

It looks as though the AP-15s with adapters perform well.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm suprised that AP's work well, as although they do the channelling thing they have fairly low static pressure. GT's with a adapter will probably be your best bet.

8. thetrashcanman

cheers boys