1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having to pause folding

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by standinwave, 10 Mar 2012.

1. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

Due to a monthly drop in income of 40% (so much for being a Chartered Engineer!), severe belt tightening has had to take place. I have been using at least £15 a week in electricity folding and we just cannot afford it at the moment. The money from my mum has run out and we are struggling financially, so I have reluctantly had to knock the folding on the head for now and cancel subs to CPC, Computer Shopper and PC Pro UFN. Hope to be back when I win the Lottery! :sigh:

2. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Really sorry to learn of your news.

> 50 million points for the team and the science is an amazing contribution, hope your circumstances improve soon.

3. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

You'll be back chap, In the mean time you'll be missed. 50+ million points is incredible! best of luck.

J.

4. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Sorry to here about your situation, and I hope things pick back up for you in the near future.
    Unfortunately, I think there might well be others going down a similar route with the current economic situation - but, chin up, you've made a stirling contribution to F@H, and I think you'll remain in the team top 20 for some time to come ..... :clap:

5. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear. I wish you all the best and hope you can come back in the future. Awesome contribution :clap::clap:

6. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

You have my sympathy - I am beginning to consider cutting down electricity consumption.