1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve drops free, gift copies from Steam ranking system

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Mar 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Really it was only a matter of time. The only game I have ever 'reviewed' on Steam was BallisticNG (highly recommended BTW - its free too). Was curious how they would handle the free to play games, that is quite fair.

Despite not being able to review games bought from a third party such as Humble, this is a great move IMO. The review system as is it now is just terrible. Maybe they can also add a character minimum too, such as at least 2000 characters, sounds like a lot but it sure would cut down on those thousands of "11/10, love the free game, not recommended" that fill the place now. Hell they should even have a minimum playtime too, say 5 hours to be able to review it. Would get rid of the thousands of 'my PC doesn't meet the min requirements, not recommended' reviews.

It seems you are still able to review refunded games though. Wonder if they will look into that as well.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2017
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

These are my favourite ones! Really helps me decide if I will enjoy the game.

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Just get rid completely, most reviews don't even review the game. In addition to the min req rants they're either an ascii pic of someone taking a ****, a mindless rant about DLC or they're IGN 15/10 'ironic' posts that just make the review average meaningless.