1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Canonical announces first Ubuntu Phone handset

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Feb 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Looks nice, but i already picked up a Jolla phone which is absolutely fantastic! Hope these things sell well, get another OS in the picture. More choice the better.

3. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

I do hope it is possible to dual boot Android. If it is, I'll buy one.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Has to be said that if this was Microsoft who had announced that a product was launching without a much vaunted feature (such as the keyboard/monitor link up here) people would be screaming blue murder for failing to deliver on their 'promises'. These things happen though all the time... yet it is deemed it unacceptable from a chosen few.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Canonical are notorious for under delivering though. I am genuinely surprised this phone is going to be released. For a €170 it might make an interesting toy/gadget. I don't think I could use a non-phablet device on a full time basis though. I find massive screens useful.

I have a funny feeling that these phones are excess stock. I thought I read that somewhere. I could have just as easily imagined it as well though. :confused:

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

True that.

7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Or to put it another way, "linux phone market divides itself in order to facilitate future conquering."

P

8. Qazax

Qazax Fap fap fap

Still rocking a Nexus 5, and if it was not for abysmal battery life the phone would be perfect.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, look. It's Phil. Hi, Phil
    Uh-huh, uh-huh, sure thing, Phil. S'not like Linux has any real success in the market, after all.

10. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Yes, and? What's your point?

11. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

In a nice way he is trying to say, "We've heard enough about your views on Linux. You spout outdated and wrong perspectives often, these are challenged and proven wrong, but we still get to read them at the next Linux related articles comment section when you invariably show up."

The linked article showed that Linux/Android has already conquered the smartphone market with 84.4% market share [see above]. I have no idea why you read (using the term loosely) Linux articles, let alone still comment on them.