1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nooooooooooooo

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 23 Jun 2009.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

My main folding rigs are in work on our "8mb ADSL test line" as our work proxy wont allow the clients out :(

Well yesterday afternoon the ADSL line died and its still not back up, having a war with BT over it as they wont take responsibility for the line THEY LAID from where it enters our building to where the ADSL router is located in the server room :wallbash:

Going to be a git to resolve, trying to get them to send an engineer out to have a look but they are messing us about, not sure how we are going to resolve this quick as BT are being proper d!cks about it :grr:

I got 45k ppd worth of kit sat here waiting for work and I got at least 9000 points waiting to be returned for Chimps :sigh: :wallbash:

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

ouch :(

hope they get off there arses and fix it soon mate :)

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Turn the proxy off?

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

BT = A****les. Had too many bad dealings with them in the past. Overcharged line rental, refusal of publically available services, c**kups with bills. The list goes on and on. A psycho would say Shotgun = Sorted, but just do what I did. Solicitor = Sorted.

If I had to choose a company that has the largest customer base to poor customer service ratio, BT would be the one and only company I'd choose.

5. coolamasta

Still not sorted, found if you power cycle the BT router it will connect for about 2-3 mins and drop the conenction again (DSL light goes out) have tried plugging a phone into the connection and its dead (no dial tone) so something is up with the cabling!

6. coolamasta

If only mate, if only....

Proxy is at our head office 120 miles away but all out internet traffic goes through it, we have no other route out here which is why I use our ADSL line.

I have tried to get clients to go out through the proxy but it just doesn't work so I gave up months ago. :sigh:

7. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Change the gateway?, plug in a 3g stick?, use somebody elses wireless?

8. coolamasta

Only 1 route out of here so no other gateway to change to.

Not going to create a huge security risk by plugging any other sort of internet conenction into our core network, Firewalls and proxys are there for a reason.

We dont have wireless anything here as too much of a security risk.

We have a lot of sensitive info on our network which is why its locked down so hard and although I 'could' get around it, its not worth my job, I should be stopping such things lol.

My folding rigs are kept on a seperate LAN in our server room using the ADSL conenction to get out, ok I could use a 3G stick.... if I had one haha.

There is literally nothing I can do until BT sort this out which will be tomorrow after a big shout at them down the phone :grr:

9. PS3/LanDi

PS3/LanDi Give me the Mirror

There has got to be a way we can help you get the proxy to work for you.

I have a few hundred clients all connecting through a proxy and while it was a royal pain it does now work.

have you tried a console client as a process, and adding the proxy/port numbers in?

check the firewall! i think i remember that being the main problem.

10. coolamasta

Wooooooooooooop line fixed, was damaged out in the street, in your face BT lol

Cheers PS3/LanDi when I got some spare time I will have another fiddle with it, shame on the clients you cant set it to use IE settings, for some reason our proxy just does not like authenticating users from the F@H clients :(

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Phew thank goodness you got it fixed so fast mate, BT usually take longr... much longer.