1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GoldenEye 64 re-release is unlikely

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Goldeneye was great, but I always preferred Perfect Dark. Conker's Bad Hair Day was a masterpiece!

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

nintendo, microsoft......... just sort your sh!t out please

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

oh unholy crap Conker BHD was a freaking hilarious game!

"Feck Off Crows"

5. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Goldeneye was what got me into gaming (along with Duke), so it is a shame that there will not be a re-release. But, then again, maybe it is best left as a happy memory, rather than seeing its flaws through modern eyes.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

What a terrible interviewee!

Guess I'll just have to stick with Goldeneye:Source!

7. valmadasss

valmadasss What's a Dremel?

they must agree. i want to see golden eye and perfect dark on both consoles... perfect dark is SUPER!!! if they don't know how to make a worthy sequel or something... then rare try to do a good remake (PDZero is a good game but it would be a thousand times better if you had done a remake)

8. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Anyone know if there is a N64 shaped controller for the PC? Would be great for using with modern games :D I always loved the central trigger under the analogue stick :p

9. valmadasss

original perfect dark has: super scenario, real action, horror, strategy, and unlimited features that will need for me days to write... that why it's the best game ever...

10. valmadasss

i don't think there is any... i use the xbox360controller it's great... oh now that i remembered it. the double controller use of perfect dark was very cool

11. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

This^^

I loved goldeneye, i spent hours trying to unlock everything, I think it still is the only game ive completed 100% and unlocked everything in the process.

I still have an occasional dabble on the source version, and even had an N64 emulator on my old PC just to play it.

Dispite my love for the game, id rather it didnt get a rehashed re-release. If they remade it EXACTLY as the original i might be interested but we all know that wouldnt be the case.

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay if they do make a remake I dont want them to touch a thing not even the graphics or if anything have a classic graphics version and then the new version as options. That would be awesome and probably cause me to buy a Wii again or a 360 for this game ^^

13. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Noooooooooooooo... my friends and I must have played hundreds of hours of Goldeneye multiplayer - an online version would have been fantastic!

14. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I liked Goldeneye back when I played over at friends' houses, but when mom got Altron and his little brother a Nintendo 64 for xmas one year, we both went crazy for Perfect Dark. It had a cool single-player plot, (remember Elvis?), co-op was excellent because it let you enjoy the plot as well as play with a friend (I wish more games had co-op) as well as having a really fun multiplayer arena, interesting levels (several of the best Goldeneye maps stayed for PD). THe flexibility of multiplayer was great, too. You could customize which weapons spawned where, and make some really cool options witht hat. I had like 4-5 different custom combinations saved, ranging from normal to way out-there. Ever play a FPS where everyone had a rocket launcher? Or one where everyone had only throwing knives and crossbows? Or having all the weapons be mines and grenades? I liked the game modes too, like King of the Hill. Plus, then it had the Sim players, which could range from "dumb as a brick" to "headshot machine". It's rare that even after hundreds of hours of playtime, DarkSims were still challenging. Very good scalability on the difficulty level.

15. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

16. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

If you havnt played golden eye 64 then your just not a gamer. We spent every summer running to eachothers houses playing 4 player golden eye. That was until runescape....

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm actually glad (flame proof suit on here btw). Re-played it at work recently over lunches and by modern standards the gameplay really is rather bad.
    I never played it back when it was released as I was born and bred on PC anyway so never saw the attraction anyway.

18. centy

centy DFI Nutter

They both have a share? So how about 50/50 on the profits, or whatever share they have.

Talk about stubborn, both parties will be losing millions surely?

19. Orothe

Orothe What's a Dremel?

Yay my first comment! (Sorry, I've read Bit-Tech for a while now at work but only recently have I decided to post)

Goldeneye 64 WAS a pretty awesome game. But I have to admit, Perfect Dark was my favorite.

It saved your stats, kills, accuracy, total ammo used, LOTS of weapons (Heck I think it had more weapons than even Fallout 3.) Not to mention EVERY weapon had a SECONDARY mode. Slash with a knife, or throw it? Conserve your fire with the Cyclone or fire off an entire clip at once?

And there was even plenty of fun to have outside of the main story line. Setting up your own matchs with basically game-creator powers. Set the AI, set how they fight (Do they prefer explosives, fight with their fist, or have a regenerating shield?) And yes, DarkSim was a huge challenge. Faster, deadly accuracy, AND has the internal ability to cloak.

My fav was to set up all FistSims, so they'd charge at you trying to hit ya, which made you extremely dizzy.. It was kinda like a zombie survival game, or at least I pretended it was at that time lol.

Unlock 2nd player characters, cheats, weapons, missions.

Seriously.. Goldeneye 64 would be a fun remake, but I think they should remake Perfect Dark more.. .. .. and make it Online. >.>

20. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Online Goldeneye death matches? They are losing billions!... probably. Nintendo should just relinquish and let them put it on the arcade, with a little resolution update it would sell like warm buns.

Tags: Add Tags