1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD's RD790 chipset pictured

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

me thinks that AMD is just waiting till the end of it all to drop the ball that all the RD790 boards you've seen running actually have a Phenom in them :)

/me exits dream land

3. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

OK, it sounds comparable to the Intel X38 chipset but can it do better :confused: what can a mother board with the RD790 chipset handle :confused: will it do SLI or just Crossfire :confused:

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Just crossfire, you'll have to wait for any nvidia chipsets with Phemom support to do SLI.
    That may be some time yet.

5. ./^\.Ace./^\.

I like ATI but everyone knows that if you want power then you need a few GeForce 8800's in your PC so it is a toss up for me :sigh: if i was going to build some super graphics PC then i would wait for the Nvidia chipset but if i just wanted a good pc then an Intel based board with an X38 chipset or an AMD quad core with this chipset would be just fine with me when they become available :)

6. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Ill get 1 of these when they come out, put my am2 in it while i find fundage for a quad core :p (my current motherboard is a useless)

7. ./^\.Ace./^\.

You shouldn't complain about you board :nono:
    If you see my PC, it is way older then yours and that it works awsome for doing AutoCAD 2007 2D and 3D drawings for my college assignments :clap:
    So sure get a cool board when you can afford but also be proud of what you have now :grr:

Last edited: 10 Jun 2007
Tags: Add Tags