1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my page size so big?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by ShinyAli, 20 Nov 2012.

1. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Why does my work log which is on it's third update and has lots of pictures and text still only show as one page, many other work logs seems to go to page 2-3 with less content than mine?

I try and keep most of the pictures to a small size around 60-70KB but it's still quite a lot to load when someone views it, is there a way I can configure the page size, in other words "Have I missed something?" :rolleyes:

2. Neilc

Neilc Minimodder

I don't know about anybody else, but I have no clue as to what you are talking about - it may be my head is full of cold at the moment.....

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Pages are decided by number of posts, not size of pictures or amount of content per post.

Maybe other logs just have more posts than yours?

You can change number of posts per page here, although this won't solve your problem as this setting applies to every thread.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

User CP > Edit options > Thread View Options allows you to change the number of posts per page.

Default is 20, and your log contained 19 posts when you typed this post. It is a user specific option (i.e. you can't dictate how others view your thread).

Options range from 5 to 100 per page, and we all know that real men with hairy parts use bigger numbers.

Ninj'd by CraaaaazyJoe by mere picoseconds :grr:

5. Neilc

Neilc Minimodder

sorry...typical just after posting I realised what you mean, and I don't have an anwser to your issue.....Head Cold 1 me 0 :eek:

6. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Yay.
    Agreed, I use 100 but it can be annoying when you open the awesome video thread.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I find 40/page to be a happy medium between snappy loading and minimal page clicky. :)

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I use 40 too. Agreed 100 is excellent until you hit the video/image heavy threads, then you realise either how slow your ISP is or how poorly coded Flash plugins are.

9. ShinyAli

Thanks everyone, apart from you
    :brrr: :D

Now you explained it I can see that it's determined by the number of posts per page, I was just trying to keep the page loading time down for viewers now I can adjust threads per page when needed. :thumb:

10. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I don't think you've got it yet, unless it's me being silly now, which is possible.

You can't control how many posts per page other people see, it's up to them and they control it in their settings.

11. ShinyAli

No your not being silly, I understand what you meant I can't control how others view my pages but I didn't explain myself very well, nothing new there then :rolleyes:

12. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I am ultimate noob and mine is still on default 20. I click alot.