1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows X Rebirth

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by techhead, 8 Aug 2013.

1. techhead

techhead Minimodder

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

I tired to get into Terran Conflict and albion, but like most newcomers it was very daunting ( and the AI autopilot seems to have all the brains of a stuffed dog ) so it becomes very frustrating after sending off your little trading ship to make money...only to have it crash into a STATION before you can leave the system, or buying ships that spawn where you are when you disengage from the station

I think It could be a really good game, if it was a little easier to get into and with a smarter AI

still looks epic though

also a multiplayer would be pretty awesome

3. techhead

techhead Minimodder

Its a new game engine the auto Pillock has been sacked and the old control interface has gone to make it a bit easier for the new comers .
    I have spent 1500 hours in TC and AP just got passed 1200 hour mark today ( dam need to get out more) but still having fun

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Love the whole X-series. Have played all of them since the first one was released back then.

Seriously can't wait for X:Rebirth to finally being released :)

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's in the Steam 'Coming Soon' section, but there's no price - not that that matters!

Looking very forward to this. I've been playing through Terran Conflict recently, but as far as I'm concerned the pinacle of the X games is X3 with the xTended mod installed. I loved flying around in my Reaper with a Chimera docked as a little auxiliary ship. I was on my way to buying the unknown sector when I lost my saved games.

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Those interested can grab the X3:Gold-package for $25 which includes all of the X3-games and addons.

If you've never played the X-series before, this is the best way to get hyped for X:Rebirth :p

The Newsletter for X:Rebirth was sent this week to registered users aswell, with some good information about the upcoming title.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

what do you actually do in this game?

8. techhead

techhead Minimodder

X is a open sand box game set in space
    But I will warn you it takes 50- 100 hours just to learn what to do and then the rest of you life to master .
    Egosoft are one of the best company's out there they support there games for years after the game is lunched. and not talking about bug fixers you get bonus packs and add-on new ships and new sectors and missions to do all for free
    Trade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QpfYpbPwQ

Fight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX4fbsdpjQg

Build
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gZ-pvktqg

Think
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2BYxSivFZE

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Looking forward to it, not long to wait now :)

10. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

put a load of hours into x3 reunion. really enjoyed it. when I saw TC+AP cheap on steam thought it'd be fun. but I swear they made the autopilot by pouring soy sauce onto a dead octopus.... I remember shortcutting the whole dock procedure by racing into position before enabling autopilot. in TC it seems to spend several hours to fly all the way out then randomly travel in different directions.

might keep an eye of rebirth, but not sure if star citizen appeals more

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Why must they do this??? I was starting to have a life away from computers!!! damm them!!!

12. techhead

techhead Minimodder

X rebirth on pre order from steam for £35.99

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

....and preordered.

14. GravitySmacked

15. Olias_of_Sunhilo

Olias_of_Sunhilo What's a Dremel?

Actually 49.99 euro on Steam now a bit expensive I think - I am an x series nutter 2122 hours in AP alone I actually have dead is dead in AP and TC, Techhead you know what I mean! I love the look of it but will hold out for a more realistic price I would have paid 39.99 but it is too dear for me

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

2nd trailer has been released.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Not long to go now. It's looking sooo good!

I can't wait to see what happens when the modding community is let loose upon it.

18. GravitySmacked

Looking good :)

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Looks amazing, but then they always do. Just hope the learning curve isn't as extreme as the third game. That was just menu after menu after menu. I didn't play it for long. Played the second game, though I found the pacing to be a little slow. I prefer Freelancer type ones tbh.

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

From the looks of it, they've been spending some good time on making it a bit more user-friendly for people who aren't terribly familiar with the franchise or how to get established.
    No doubt there will be a few mods cropping up within the first months of release that'll offer some kind of in-game guide support for the confused and lost.

I've always enjoyed the X series, so can't see this one falling short of taking the entirety of my attention for the next year or so.