1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CPC Benchmark Suite

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimmymcjimmy1, 11 Oct 2014.

1. jimmymcjimmy1

jimmymcjimmy1 What's a Dremel?

Anyone know how to download the Custom PC Benchmark Suite? as all the links I can find seem to be dead

2. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

3. jimmymcjimmy1

jimmymcjimmy1 What's a Dremel?

CPC Benchies

Many thanks for your help, I will download from there

4. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

wish they would update the benchmark suite, was extremely handy back in the day

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The old legend goes, that someone once worked for CPC and wrote the benchmark suite. SUDDENLY! That guy left and no one in the kingdom knew how to update the software. And so they were doomed to run out dated benchmark suites from seven years ago.

6. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Real bench from rog forums

davidbrown1988 likes this.
  7. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Thanks for the recommendation, hadn't come across this one. Will take a look. :thumb:

8. Kar.ma

Kar.ma What's a Dremel?

I am happy I found this old benchmark. Custom PC Benchmarks Suite 2007 is still useful, I searched for it everywhere, and finally found it in this thread.

I encountered an error that I found many other people had: "ERROR: The display must be run in 32-Bit (True Colour) colour depth.". I was so disappointed about this problem, after all the efforts... that I had to fix it. And unbelievably, in the end I succeeded. I am very happy to share my modified exe. You can download it here http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ag2nag4qaudmgb/Custom_PC_Benchmarks_Suite_2007_-_32bit-colour-fix.zip.

Please note that I only reversed the "32-bit colour check", so use this version only if you receive this error from the original version.

In case you are skeptic about viruses, check it yourself, you can follow my steps. I unpacked with UPX the original EXE, changed one byte (yes, just one), and repacked it with UPX.

Please give me a simple feedback if you try it and like it. :thumb: