1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics AMD Catalyst 14.9 Driver for Windows and Linux available for download

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMDMatt, 29 Sep 2014.

1. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Hello everyone,

In case you missed it; we just released the Catalyst 14.9 Driver for Windows and Linux. AMD Catalyst 14.9 Driver for Windows and Linux available for download

• Windows (64-bit)
    • Windows (32-bit)
    • Linux

Similar to earlier versions please make sure to read the Feature Highlights and Known Issues sections for more information about the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form Issue Reporting Form to report any issues or bugs you may find. Thank you everyone.

Download Link
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Last edited: 29 Sep 2014
  2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Nice one matt, i will check em out tomorrow.

Have you had chance to try them yourself

3. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Not yet I'm afraid but i will do tomorrow when the new Battlefield 4 patch hits. This is an important driver, it's the WHQL version of 14.7 RC3. :rock:

4. iggy

iggy Minimodder

i just installed 14.7 :/ hardship.

5. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

I'd recommend updating sir. :)

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This is the 'fall' patch isn't it? The one with the higher tick servers?

7. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Actually i think the tick rate fix has already been implemented, or at least it has to some degree. This is a big patch though and it fixes and or changes/improves a lot of things. Just downloaded it myself, 900MB. I'm hoping it fixes the Mantle system memory leak too. I will be sure to test that later. The patch is available for download right now on Origin.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

thank goodness for infinity, just downloaded and installed that patch in under 5 mins, lol

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Installed the Linux version this morning. Doesn't appear to have made any difference to the performance of my A10-5800K APU, but it doesn't appear to have broken anything either so I'm counting this as a win.

10. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Nice. :D

BF4 feels like a new game after the patch, i love it! :cooldude:

Shame they didn't fix the Mantle system memory leak though. :sigh:

11. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Guys,

I have an important update for you regarding random installation hangs, BSODs and CCC crashes some of you have experienced after installing this version of our driver. We are aware of these issues and will be posting an updated driver as soon as it becomes available. Please read this article for more information: “Intermittent Installation Issues With the AMD Catalyst™ 14.9 Driver”.

Thank you again for posting your feedback here, and more importantly for using our Issue Reporting Form.

12. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows

Hello everyone,

Thanks to your feedback, we've successfully resolved random crashes or hangs, or the intermittent black screen (BSOD) on reboot after installing Catalyst 14.9 Driver. These issues were thankfully not encountered by everyone, but certain combinations of hardware/software made some people unlucky victims. Thanks to our cooperation, though, we were able to resolve the problems in just seven days. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback, your patience, and your willingness to help.

Please click here to download Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows and use Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs or issues. In addition, read the Feature Highlights and Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver. As an aside, if you’re not affected by any of the issues resolved in this driver, you can stay with 14.9 WHQL.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.1 Windows Driver

Resolved Issues
    Driver installation randomly crashes or hangs
    Intermittent black screen or BSOD on reboot after driver installation
    CCC intermittently crashes with error popup message
    Random hang or BSOD when launching Battlefield 4 in quad Crossfire
    Random hang or BSOD when enabling or disabling quad Crossfire
    Intermittent hang when launching Sniper Elite 3 with quad Crossfire