1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft pulls faulty KB3004394 patch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 15 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I wonder if this is the same patch I had to remove on sunday after windows repeatedly telling me it was not genuine and also a microsoft tech girl doing a remote desktop thingy the evening before. I spent half of sunday googling the problem eventually finding a solution that worked.

I'm at the point now that I'm advising people not to let windows automatically update, as the problems they cause are worse than the problems they are supposed to solve.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I also had the messages saying that Windows wasn't genuine on 3 systems. I wasted a lot of time on that with Microsoft.

Edit: That particular patch can't have been the cause of my problems as it was only installed on 1 system.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2014
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I found this patch caused me all sorts of problems with Virtualbox. It stood out because the night before I had had two VMs running perfectly (before SFTPing one to a colleague) and it had worked perfectly. After Windows installed this update (it already had on his system) it wouldn't work at all - in fact, no VM would even start. After removal, it was working perfectly.

Fun times.